Forums

Help › Forums

wgt in need of QUIT button

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 24 2013 9:47 AM (40 replies)
  • TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Wed, Apr 3 2013 10:33 AM

There are a lot of hidden features that you sort of stumble into on WGT.

I was playing an alt shot match the other day, the other team was struggling on a hole and after dumping a ball into the water had a horrible lie and wanted to concede the hole but didn't know how to do it.  Many people think the only concession button is the one that comes up when your opponent is putting, they don't even know that you can concede the hole.

The music, hole layout, etc. can all be set to how you want it if you know where to look.  I think many players just dive in without reading some of the good information that WGT provides in the FAQ area, hence some of the dumb questions on the forums.

• gofbals
    178 Posts
    Wed, Apr 3 2013 11:39 AM

Should be if you leave the game early the only way you could leave is to forfeit. Forfeiting is use in sports it allows the other team or player to get credit for  staying with the game. If there are prizes to be had the team or player that didn't forfeit would receive them.

• gofbals
    178 Posts
    Wed, Apr 3 2013 11:39 AM

Should be if you leave the game early the only way you could leave is to forfeit. Forfeiting is use in sports it allows the other team or player to get credit for  staying with the game. If there are prizes to be had the team or player that didn't forfeit would receive them.

• ProGreggC
    57 Posts
    Wed, Apr 3 2013 2:10 PM

oldstir its polite !! thats the point

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Wed, Apr 3 2013 3:39 PM

gofbals:

Heh, what if your opponent's child starting choking to death on something? Do you actually think they would give damn about the game or even think about taking the time to click "forfeit" just to satisfy You? C'mon let's real at some point.  LOL

All I would say is thank God for the Blocking feature! They should also eliminate Wall posting and just give members the choice to either accept private messaging or not, IMO. That's how most forums operate. Honestly there is so much resentment and hate spewed on this site, it has become very distasteful. Maybe that's why some people are starting to recommend www.wgtls in the UK; whatever that is? But at least the Game Itself is enjoyable whether you play with or without someone. :)

• ProGreggC
    57 Posts
    Wed, Apr 3 2013 5:23 PM

spoken like a true quitter.

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Wed, Apr 3 2013 7:20 PM

ProGreggC:

"Honestly there is so much resentment and hate spewed on this site, it has become very distasteful.

Your comment; as quoted above, is point proven and your hateful unsubstantiated accusation has also been reported to WGT. Nothing further to say to you except may God bless you? :)

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Wed, Apr 3 2013 7:31 PM

HillmanCoyotee:

Hi all:

I'm sure you have all had  players just abondoned the game without following menu, forfeit. I'm not sure if your blood boils when this happens?  8-10 times the game never comes back and it was a huge waste of time, equip, ect... WHY? OF WHY? can't a large button be on the playing screen, simply saying   QUIT.... and be linked to the forfeit  and the game continues on as it should. I believe this flaw  is going to be the slow demise of this site if this isn't corrected. When I found this site 2 weeks ago I couldn't wait to play every moment i had free, now I still want to feveroushly play but this fly in the ointment has lessened my desire. I'm sure there is a cost associated with  this correction but it would greatly improve a members experience here. I hope wgt addresses this asap,  thx for letting me vent

It's unfortunate HillmanCoyotee that your first well-considered post in this forum was disrespected by someone like that but at least you now know what to expect on occasion. I appreciated your concern but this topic has turned distasteful as well so I will not be commenting any further. Thanks and God bless.

• mikeyb6
    425 Posts
    Thu, Apr 4 2013 5:02 AM

WGT needs a button so u can quit because some days i wish i could, just quit the whole game and forget about the entire experiance of this game but unfortunately there isnt so lets just keep feeding the greedy T....

• ProGreggC
    57 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2013 5:31 AM

Oldstir:

ProGreggC:

"Honestly there is so much resentment and hate spewed on this site, it has become very distasteful.

Your comment; as quoted above, is point proven and your hateful unsubstantiated accusation has also been reported to WGT. Nothing further to say to you except may God bless you? :)

what about your free speech blog? people who believe in free speech dont block others over a question

RSS