Help › Forums

wgt in need of QUIT button

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 24 2013 9:47 AM (40 replies)
  • HillmanCoyotee
    13 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 5:38 PM

Hi all:

I'm sure you have all had  players just abondoned the game without following menu, forfeit. I'm not sure if your blood boils when this happens?  8-10 times the game never comes back and it was a huge waste of time, equip, ect... WHY? OF WHY? can't a large button be on the playing screen, simply saying   QUIT.... and be linked to the forfeit  and the game continues on as it should. I believe this flaw  is going to be the slow demise of this site if this isn't corrected. When I found this site 2 weeks ago I couldn't wait to play every moment i had free, now I still want to feveroushly play but this fly in the ointment has lessened my desire. I'm sure there is a cost associated with  this correction but it would greatly improve a members experience here. I hope wgt addresses this asap,  thx for letting me vent

• tiger319
    1,186 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 6:45 PM

Uh Oh..  HYENA64 won't like what you just posted...

• tiger319
    1,186 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 6:48 PM

Wow you have moved up really quick for just playing this for a month! Good job! You must have way more time on yours hands than I do...

• xMADDMANNx
    63 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 7:43 PM

I started just about 3 months ago in a week or so.

yesterday was a bad day for round quitters. worst ever day for it!

I get in a round of 9 and one after another just a few holes apart..every single player..full group of 4 QUIT the game after making bad shots. Not 1 player used the correct forfeit button. 

Should be a LAW about that. If you quit the wrong way 15 minutes you cant play a new game.

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 9:56 PM

HillmanCoyotee:

Hi all:

I'm sure you have all had  players just abondoned the game without following menu, forfeit. I'm not sure if your blood boils when this happens?  8-10 times the game never comes back and it was a huge waste of time, equip, ect... WHY? OF WHY? can't a large button be on the playing screen, simply saying   QUIT.... and be linked to the forfeit  and the game continues on as it should. I believe this flaw  is going to be the slow demise of this site if this isn't corrected. When I found this site 2 weeks ago I couldn't wait to play every moment i had free, now I still want to feveroushly play but this fly in the ointment has lessened my desire. I'm sure there is a cost associated with  this correction but it would greatly improve a members experience here. I hope wgt addresses this asap,  thx for letting me vent

I welcome you. Is a great game indeed. Enjoy.

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 7:26 AM

xMADDMANNx:
    Should be a LAW about that. If you quit the wrong way 15 minutes you cant play a new game.

There is no right or wrong way of quitting and anyone can quit at any time for any reason. That's what "quitting" is and it can NEVER be eliminated. :) Why people haven't figured that out yet is beyond comprehension. Besides, quitting is the same as forfeiting; therefore 'correctness' has nothing to do with it. :) There could be thousands of reasons for quitting and no one is owed an explanation for quitting; so who are 'we' to judge? It's just a game, so move on and play another one? If everyone wanted WGT to ban anyone who quits for 15 minutes or permanently, that doesn't meet Their standards of correctness, then there might be only 2 or 3 members left on the site? LOL Not to mention, wouldn't everyone first have to appear in a Court of Law and be proven guilty of quitting a video game the "wrong way"? ;) Also, there is the 'Suggest To Drop Game' option which could lead to the quitting of a game and some people might say 'that' is a correct way to quit? If the opponent does not agree to drop the game and then the person leaves the game without forfeiting; it's the same scenario. Either way, a win is a win and life goes on whether you get mad or not. It is also your prerogative to get mad for any reason but it doesn't prevent quitting. ;) Have a great day.

• Caddy04
    15 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 8:35 AM

Hi ,

I agree with your article. I have a question you may be can answer. Is there any place in WGT where you can find out the level requirements for each level. I am a pro and have been for sometime and my av. is 74.1. when do I go to tour pro etc.? I'm at level 77. Thanking you in advance for any help on this.

caddy04

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 8:56 AM

The level has no direct influence. The Level&XP reference numbers are here.

You'll become Tour Pro at an average of 72, having a lot of Pro rounds already.

It might help you to replace the Starter LW in your bag, which doubles the ATV 64° in length (50 yds), by the Starter SW (70 yds), or get a second custom wedge of 70-80 yds.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 9:10 AM

Oldstir:
    There is no right or wrong way of quitting and anyone can quit at any time for any reason.
    A agree to the second part excluding politeness from this view. Alas, there is a "wrong" way to quit, leaving the rest waiting for the non-returning quitter, and the "right" way to exit the game with the least possible disturbance of their game.

He who Xes out of a game disregards any courtesy and esteem against his fellow players. That is why the users have demanded for consequences and it is why WGT introduced the completion %% which now are the green and yellow and red dots shown in the lobby.

• xMADDMANNx
    63 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 9:30 AM

I only wish that players didn't have to wait 9 minutes (all other 3 players quit not hitting the forfeit button) to continue there game as player after player leaves via not hitting the forfeit button. Its NOT the same as just exiting you impose a penalty to every other player with your own childish action.

In my view this is disrespect, If your going to show the rest of the group your true colors by throwing in the towel and quitting at least have the respect to say "sorry and i have to forfeit" and hit the actual * FORFEIT BUTTON*.

Thus not imposing a penalty of minutes sitting in limbo waiting for a person who has no intent on return to the players who are trying to get a round in who are there to play and stay.

sometimes when you get back in the game will have a issue with reloading a player and you sit again waiting for another 2:45 no fault of there own the game threw them out after the quitter left but now we all sit and wait. Its getting so bad as of late out of every foursome i get with and play 50% to 70% of the time 1 or 2 or more QUIT.

I'm going to start a list as a friend of mine has done on here every player who quits gets on a round due to bad shots and no real reason gets listed on it. That way i know who not to ever play a round with. really people hit the forfeit button its that simple..

RSS