Wed, Apr 24 2013 9:47 AM (40 replies)
  • ProGreggC
    57 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 10:17 AM

Mad dont let Oldstir fool you

• ProGreggC
    57 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 10:56 AM

ok obviously free there isno free speech. people on this post like to quit then not give the commom courtesy to say sorry

• ProGreggC
    57 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 1:09 PM

ty

• stevietwotimes
    1,327 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 1:44 PM

join wgtls,

many different game formats and almost zero quitters.

happy hittin :)

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 1:49 PM

alosso:
    A agree to the second part excluding politeness from this view. Alas, there is a "wrong" way to quit, leaving the rest waiting for the non-returning quitter, and the "right" way to exit the game with the least possible disturbance of their game.

He who Xes out of a game disregards any courtesy and esteem against his fellow players. That is why the users have demanded for consequences and it is why WGT introduced the completion %% which now are the green and yellow and red dots shown in the lobby.

Correcting; impoliteness is obviously just one of the "thousands of reasons" why people quit and therefore is of no special significance.  IMO, the new completion % system is a complete disaster and has caused more people to kick themselves out of more Player Searches than ever before. IMO, it just creates more confusion and animosity and 'interrupts' thousands more searches because as soon as a yellow or red dot appears; the search is usually ruined and they have to start all over again. But if the new system also prevented players with yellow and red dots from joining searches of players with Good completion percentages, that might be a great improvement but I don't think they thought of that? In other words, when you block a player, that should also prevent them from interrupting your searches, which is probably the biggest problem with the new system because many people who have been blocked, seek those out who blocked them and often interrupt their searches on purpose just out of spite? So it not only ruins someone's search but also ruins it for others who joined a particular search. I once had someone I blocked; stalk my searches for more than 20 consecutive times before they finally gave up their rage hunt. :)

A suggestion perhaps for WGT; because they already have the new Blocking feature, they should scrap the completion % feature but make it so that blocked players cannot interrupt your searches either? That may be the best fix there can be? This way, you simply block troublemakers and you won't have to deal with them in any way ever again. It won't be a perfect solution of course but it would probably be 90% more efficient and practical than it is now? Even the old Search system was better, IMO. :)

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 1:56 PM

xMADDMANNx:

I only wish that players didn't have to wait 9 minutes (all other 3 players quit not hitting the forfeit button) to continue there game as player after player leaves

That's odd because I've noticed recently that the 'wait time' is now down to about 2 minutes 30 seconds I think which is a great improvement; thanks WGT.

• ProGreggC
    57 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 2:29 PM

some people block because they quit then wont explain why they quit !!!!!!  cowards

• WakeIsland
    213 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 3:19 PM

Oldstir:

That's odd because I've noticed recently that the 'wait time' is now down to about 2 minutes 30 seconds I think which is a great improvement; thanks WGT.

This is great for stoke play but the worst when playing for credits (i.e. match play or Blitz ect).  I have had my screen freeze a number of times or my router restarting and cannot make it back in 2:30 after everything is said and done.  There should be an option for a 2:30, 3:30 or 5 min time the player creating the game can choose.

• Roughriders0715
    1 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2013 7:13 PM

Well I have to agree with you and disagree at the same time. Maybe not have a penalty or punishment, but offer good completion % a bonus or an incentive not to quit. The other side to that is to have a boot button for the host and if someone disconnects or quits they can boot them.

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Wed, Apr 3 2013 6:23 AM

Roughriders0715:

Well I have to agree with you and disagree at the same time. Maybe not have a penalty or punishment, but offer good completion % a bonus or an incentive not to quit. The other side to that is to have a boot button for the host and if someone disconnects or quits they can boot them.

Or how about this? Just make it so that, after your partner has quit and the wait time has expired, you're allowed to finish the match and play for Both you are your departed partner? However, if you win the match without a partner, you do not get credited for a Win and the opponents do not get credited for a Loss. It's simply a non-game but at least it gets completed and is simply a 'Win Without Partner' and not recorded; the same as Practice games are not recorded. However, the other team will get credited with a Win if they win but not a Loss if they lose.

Which raises another issue that is 'Practice' games. Why are Practice game statistics not recorded? There can be some fantastic games with great scores and tremendous feats accomplished playing Practice rounds too.  So why not keep separate Practice-Game statistics too? I mention this also because the only Double Eagle I got was during a 2-player Practice round long ago when I was in the Pro or Master tier (can't recall which). But the game was not recorded of course and that is why my profile also does not show that I have 1 Double Eagle. Unfortunately, at that time, I didn't know how to use the Save Replay feature during a game either; so I don't even have that to look at as proof. But I imagine many others have gotten Hole-in-Ones and Double Eagles in practice games too; so what makes those stats not worthy of being an officially recorded stat?

Anyway, it's not a "QUIT" button we need because that would be abused almost Every Time someone made a bad or shot or sensed they were going to lose? And for 18-hole matches, WGT should just Cancel the entire game if anyone quits before at least 9 holes are completed. This should have been implemented long ago IMO because it just gives even more excuses for "quitters" to quit.

RSS