Forums

Help › Forums

Struggling to choose the right putter, help

Mon, Jul 1 2013 7:35 PM (45 replies)
  • jimoldfart
    131 Posts
    Sun, May 26 2013 6:36 AM

I've followed the same pattern as mantis0014 . My first upgrade was to the Rossa and I played with it over a year. Last week I went to the Versa 1 Black to try and improve my 1 putt average. It has the same increments as the Rossa but slower meter, the 2500 credits was a tough pill to swallow but I feel like its helping. I tried all of the others but the Rossa increments worked best for me. The Versa 1 is the only upgrade from the Rossa with the same increments, so you might want to take that into consideration.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 26 2013 8:54 AM

jimoldfart:
    Last week I went to the Versa 1 Black to try and improve my 1 putt average. It has the same increments as the Rossa but slower meter, the 2500 credits was a tough pill to swallow but I feel like its helping.

Good move. IMO, WGT came out with this putter to grab some of those long time Rossa owners by making it comparable to the 92 Ghost with the specs. It even has better balance with only 1/2 dot less in precision. You shouldn't have any problem with the transition and should be pleasantly surprised with the results. GL.

• Hoangvn10
    162 Posts
    Sun, May 26 2013 11:31 AM

Putter is not answer for good putting. The green reading ability and your imagination of break is the key. And your feel is all about gr8 putt. I am not greed of high class putters, i need good feeling for every putt. Lets look at Tibbets profile, he used Starter putter and his 0ne putt % is 74,24%...LOL. I am not sure but that is maybe highest percentage one putt i have seen so far.

• DoctorEagle
    1,312 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2013 2:24 AM

DoctorEagle:
    Been using the Max Distance Putter lately, at least until the next gimmick putter comes out ;) . Still not making as many putts as I'd like but I like it a lot better than the Nike. The distance control helps keep it at 2 putts or fewer for the most part if you putt using the first move on each meter like me.

I would highly recommend the top lvl Max Distance Control Putter after using it for several months now. Love having all the meter options and the meter speed is perfect... Not too slow, not too fast.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2013 10:56 AM

I bought a nike putter(level 51 I believe) and my scores went up 5 strokes...power meter isn't right..after 4 rounds put my cheap ping anser back in play and scores went back down....

anyone else notice a change after the update...I don't pay any attention to the ding, use + - to adjust distance and angle on all clubs...since update it seems like there is more emphasis on the ding, everything is way off using my old system?

• EllaQuint
    97 Posts
    Mon, Jul 1 2013 7:35 PM

I am unable to find how balance affects a putter.  Why do they list it characteristically without defining it anywhere? 

RSS