Forums

Help › Forums

Serious Question

Sat, Apr 27 2013 1:43 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 4:43 PM

I am on my wives lap top that I bought her last Xmas. Top of the line ASUS with all the bells and whistles, have had the geek squad get rid of all the nonsense you don't need. I can go on any site and it is instant, no lag, no looping, no spinning and waiting. The last month it takes WGT for ever to load, spins between shots, total irritating BS. Not one other site does this, I can go on E-bay, craigslist, You-tube, it does not matter, WGT is a total cluster to get smooth. For all the computer Guru's out there, please explain this where I can understand, for WGT please explain why you are the only site that I have this issue with. This makes no sense at all, except what the geek told me about  your site, I will keep this to myself, I love the game and don;t want to start any more nonsense.

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 4:56 PM

Try maxthon3 as your browser, i've heard this works well for this site.

I use a Mac computer, so other than that, no idea...:-)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 5:11 PM

I don't mean to sound negative at all, I love this crazy game, I am just wondering why I am having these issues, I use Comodo and it was smooth as can be, not for a while now, maybe I need to do something to clear something, don't know,

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 5:15 PM

Those other sites aren't loading game files and such. Have you done the basic allowing that WGT needs, like Flash storage setting, cookie handling, etc. ? Does it seem to get better the second time you play a course?

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 5:48 PM

definitely defragment your pc, clear all your history and browser and cache

and begin again, this site takes up alot of 'junk' so to speak, although a Mac doesn't need the daily defragment, your windows will...

hope this helps...

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 6:10 PM

It doesn't take a top of the line PC and it doesn't take a special browser. The solutions are printed here about 1000 times a week. Peesing and moaning and groaning and flummery are not among the effective solutions.

Yes, the problems lie in the WGT implementation. No, it doesn't appear that WGT is going to modify that, so the AVAILABLE solutions are on your end.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 7:40 PM

Since Vista, Windows no longer needs to be manually defragmented.

WGT site is slow, full stop.

Whether it is game files or just browsing the forums or news sections, pages load slow.

Stack the odds in your favour by increasing RAM (min 4GB), using a lite browser like Comodo or Maxthon, doing the usual WGT cache maintenance and removing all your start up entries.

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 7:49 PM

ive been having the same exact issue as renniw the last month or so - previous to that the courses (except for whistler) loaded quick, now it takes 3-5min to load each time.  i guess we got lumped onto the dialup server bud :(

• craigswan
    31,571 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:02 AM

craigslist .

1- world peace .

2- to be able to buy a michael buble concert ticket .

3 - not to change flights 3 times to go to vegas .

4 - cameron diaz to stay thirty forever .

5 - to be sent a friends invite from lizzie rosetti .

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:33 AM

Not a techie but similar type laptop I suspect.....................does have a dedicated graphics card (geforce 2gig) for whatever difference that they or may not make in a flash game........ We have several people in this house (teenage kids) all connected to the WWW at any one time. I make sure I connect my lap top wired to the router* and if WGT starts to play up I clear all the stuff from flash and browser cache....................I also (and this seems to make a difference) play my shots by going full screen from the bottom right button on the in game page...................Any of that helps great.............

I should also say I use Chrome and basically all works 99% of the time and near as can be 100% in full screen as described.......Tried Maxthon and so on but no different to chrome on mine.......I also just install whatever flash update etc going....

* prob makes crap difference from the way I understand flash loads, but like you everything else runs smooth as silk 100% of the time for me, and so do it anyway and near the router so.......  Not being a gamer usually though I can't say for other online games of course! 

• PAGES
RSS