Forums

Help › Forums

A Speech From Squirrelnutz

Fri, Apr 19 2013 5:42 PM (20 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2013 1:54 PM

Hello WGT community. In the world today, we need understanding, compassion, and beyond all, honesty. For the hundreds of thousands of us playing this game, that is all we ask. The subject of my speech is False Pretense. A new member joins, sees the scores a few are posting and they think, WOW, I am going to get to that point. A big NOT. We see, after awhile that we need to purchase better equipment to stay competitive, as we move up. We spend the hours and hours, many take notes and memorize every shot, just to have a program adjust that shot to make it harder. Now this is considered the most realistic golf game on the internet. In my opinion, when I started, it was. I have read thousands of posts,  made thousands myself, only to see this game becoming a hollow shell of what it was. Let's talk REALISTIC!!, averages in the low 50's. If you have ever followed real golf, or played real golf, this is not possible. I have several friends that are great players on WGT. They have most likely played real golf for years and have a full knowledge of how it works. Several cannot play real golf anymore for whatever reason, age, physical handicaps, income or whatever. This game is our escape, our opportunity to still feel like we are on the course. The last thing we need is to be a victim of corporate greed. The last thing the new comers need is to be is shanked by a business trying to feed the coffers too fast. I never expect to become a TL or shoot in the low 50's every round. It would become a cartoon show to me. I do however, expect to see somewhat consistent results after 200 plus rounds as a Legend, of which I made it the hard way, over 1600 rounds played, all out of my own pocket with no credits won by a poor fool willing to lose his or her money. I guess what I am trying to convey here, is please keep the game fun like it was when I started. I didn't get mad losing a ball when I knew i just screwed up the shot, missed a putt that I paid no attention to the break or the caddie distance selection. I learnt to look for these things, double check, take a few extra seconds and tried my best. Going through all of these routines don't always work now. The game has been programmed and manipulated beyond what some of us old timers can deal with. I still have the hand/eye coordination to play this, it doesn't seem to matter. For the record, the over par I just posted on BPB, I had a 95% ding rate and the game was a joke. I came through the ranks trusting the ding and aimed accordingly. It means nothing now. WHY?? I won't mention names, but I was personally responsible for over 200 new members joining this game, sadly over half have left. I realize that new programs are put in place to combat the so called you know whats. Those folks just need to be removed so the rest of us can enjoy the game we came to love. You are still in BETA and have a license to do whatever the hell you want, with little to no recourse. Knock it off, the honest players enjoying the game will make sure you all live good, way better than probably 99% of us fools. You developed a great game, why are you destroying it? Knock it off. You have instant access to every players account and profile, you know who is real and who is not. Weed out the not, and leave the real alone.

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2013 2:32 PM

Applause, take a bow renni, couldn't have said it better myself. The modifications made to the game play have sucked all the enjoyment out of it for the "average" player, while the elite still continue to post the low scores WGT has stated they are not fans of. The end result of which is, by over applying deviations caused by the VEM, the stated objective is not achieved, and, those of us coming up through the ranks become disheartened, playing less, and willing to pay less. I seriously think WGT needs to put their "bean counters" on this and see if this is a sound financial path they have chosen, and, oh  yeah, fix the damn typing glitch !

Doc :(

• craigswan
    31,572 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2013 2:43 PM

Cheer up renniw .

Q: Why do squirrels swim on their back?
    A: To keep their nuts dry.

Q: How do you catch a squirrel? A: Climb a tree and act nuts.

• craigswan
    31,572 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2013 2:51 PM
    gif,squirrel
  • craigswan
    31,572 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2013 2:53 PM
    gif,squirrel,Brickleberry
  • BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2013 3:14 PM

ffff

To BE,,,,,or not to be,,,,that is the question. Yada yada , bling bling, yada yada.

Though I no longer be a Capulett,,I shall love you for all time.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2013 5:19 PM

I still love the game, my friends, not putting it down, just saying what I feel, I don't want this game to end, just want to be able to play again and enjoy a 2 or 3 under round. I was able to do this it seemed. How else did I make Legend, after spending many dollars and playing many games? I play by the book, I have no tools at all, a computer, a mouse, and what I spent many hours to learn. I just want the game to be as honest as I am. Not to much to ask for being a devoted member of this fine community.

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2013 5:40 PM

With ya all the way pal, an' those that tried to make light of this thread or high-jack it ,ought to rethink their position. All joking aside, the game is not what it was. It is no longer fun for the majority of players. This has surely got to impact the bottom line. Check your figures WGT, what's your answer, steal more balls to ramp up revenue?Put more stuff in the pro shop that you can downgrade performance on ? I, as many others, remember what the game was, and would like it back.

Doc :(

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2013 5:43 PM

renniw52:
    Hello WGT community

And hello to you Mr Win25 , /  Miss & or Ms , Its so hard to tell with some of the pic,s  we see in new player,s every day  ,  Any how ,,  I dont know you But it sounds like you had a bad day in WGT land . 

It looks like you have been a member for over a week now ,, Good for you .

Now then  ,,  This could be a flash issue  , Are you at the age when you have Cold Flashes at night ?  Has your cycleofthemonth   (  sorry  , space bare broke )  changed ?

Do you feal like you have been draging your bag all over the course for lost balls ?

Sir / Miss & or Ms ,  This is called the   "  2nd week blues "  .

Make some Friends here in WGT land and let the other game that "  They " want you to play go away .

Some how inside the Score card that was not  posted as a ( place # here ) has nothing to do with who you are as a player and a friend .

WGT has more to offer then just a Game .

iaaR ( R ) ft

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2013 5:55 PM

Opy, it is definitely Mr. unless you know a girl named Richard. Damn man. let me have some of what you are smoking tonight, have never tried anything but Marlboros or Camels, but there is a first time for everything. LOL

RSS