Forums

Help › Forums

A Speech From Squirrelnutz

Fri, Apr 19 2013 5:42 PM (20 replies)
  • victorharbor
    112 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2013 6:16 PM

I feel your pain golfing brother and agree with most of the points you have made.  It seems that honesty is a characteristic not valued as it once was - either here on WGT or, sadly, in the real world. I too have experienced the wrath of WGT but remain here for one reason only - the friendship. Disregard the cheats, the manipulation etc (just like we do in the real world) and continue to play the game with the spirit intended. Because your day will come just like Adam Scott's did.

See you on the first tee one day. Cheers

PS...could you plse paragraph in future, makes me cross-eyed :) 

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2013 6:43 PM

Victorharbor   ,  said what  i wish i could write properly ,       Renniw   you once .....no   many time, said i will never be a TM, then  Legend ,,,,,    well  anything is possible ,, i am hitting 100 level in  a few games  , never  taught  i would get there ,   now  i see it may be possible to be called a Tour Legend  , i never in my dream would think i get there .......       I know WGT  is a game   , one i decided to play good or bad ......   dont stop trying to  get better cause that is the ticket in my book ,,,,,,   and i know  the verry best players here  ,well    i said enought

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2013 8:44 PM

renniw52:
    In the world today, we need understanding, compassion, and beyond all, honesty.

No-one could argue with that so no truer words typed and from what I know of you, you practice what you preach.

Yes there are cheaters/multis etc., but as in real life, I will always disassociate them from any and every part of my life.

Is this game realistic, yes and no. Whilst we are not pro golfers in real life, this game does give you the opportunity to score as well, if not better. yes this does require investment, both financially and with your time to do so. Some players do score very unrealistic scores (even I shot a 54 a week or so ago) but this is because they have learnt to play this game exceptionally well, not due to cheating. I am an honest player and also play purely for fun, not credits and I would be envious hitting 95% dings in a game - and I do try to hit the ding most of the time.

If you really want your scoring realistic, use the starters set from he tips.

Yes VEM does exist just as the elements playing in real life affect shots - yes the WTF shots happen there too. But I find MOST of my poor shots occur because of my shortcomings or miscalculations. Yes sometimes I simply scratch my head and swear at the monitor. But does this diminish my enjoyment - hell no. It is just a game that I STILL enjoy playing - perhaps that just the attitude I have. If such bizarre things happen when you play, why does it only affect the average players and not the players shooting such low scores? Maybe it does but they have just learnt how to recover so much better.

I suppose Renn, my point is this is a great game, was and still is IMO but it does come down to your attitude. Play to enjoy the game and you will - regardless of the score. Set yourself personal challenges each game. I did this when I started playing (mostly practice rounds with starters for nearly a year) and my personal highlight was and still is the first 18 hole round that as under par (-2 St A albeit Yellow tees)) and no bogeys. For me that still beats any other score I have had since. The game is not necessarily about your score - that's just superfluous to the enjoyment.

Alan

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2013 9:02 PM

AMEN , Alan   .... :)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 4:55 AM

I agree 100% Alan, pretty much describes me in a Nut Shell (no pun intended). All my recent posts have stated that I don't get upset any more, I play for the friendship only, actually wait for the VEM to take over a good round and just laugh at it. Frappe and I were partners in an AS last night at RSG, my game pretty much sucked and then I make an Eagle putt. Shows that WGT has a little compassion sometimes, or else I missed and made it at the same time.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 2:38 PM

LOL Renn, I too have days like that, played Oly in a CC Tourny yesterday, two under after two holes, and whack OB on the third - I was certain I changed to a 3 Iron but obviously not (I was tired but needed it for my CDB and to meet the time frame), hit a tree for a 70 yard drive lol. All I could do was laugh (I still finish even par) - itis just a game and some days I play well and feel in the zone, and others play and feel like I have no control - but 99% of the time thats me, and I can't blame WGT.

I do love the game, the friends and for me the challenges I set myself. And the days I suck and play with friends, we still have a laugh - possibly more so than when I play well. What many seem to forget, it is just a game. Perhaps if I played for credits I would have a different outlook, but I don't gamble as odds are never in your favour.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 3:31 PM

yessir alanti, if you want to have a few laughs look me up, if you want to win an AS save yourself the pain and ask someone else to be your partner. The WGT gods have not accepted me yet, LOL.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 3:49 PM

renniw52:
    The WGT gods have not accepted me yet, LOL.

I know the Gods except goats and virgins for sacrifices, not to sure about squirrels though ;-)

• craigswan
    31,573 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 4:26 PM

So this is what they need .

Ass rocket animation animated gif

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 5:31 PM

Craig, you are a sick puppy, lol.

RSS