Help › Forums

not liking average

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 28 2013 11:01 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pjschaub
    173 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 6:54 PM

IDK what is going on with the average situation with shooting low, as I see low for my play, why can't I get rewarded for atleast getting -7 or -8 for 18 or -5 or -6 for 9 can't the average go down some each time. I am getting close to Legend and I can taste it and looking forward to it b/c I have been here for almost 3 yrs. and paid my dues (level 94). Some will say, "well you have to be a better player before you can move up by shooting -10 or better".  I may not have those skills as other top players and I just want what I believe are good scores to be rewarded before I'm 50 (45 now). I guess I'll keep hacking away at it till level 100 still a tour master.

getting lost in the crowd, pjschaub

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 7:11 PM

Your average currently is 61.76.  That last stroke off your average can be quit grueling to say the least.

As far as your average goes....  it doesn't go by how far under par you are as much as by your over all score,  meaning,  9 hole scores are doubled and you 18 hole score is what's used for your avg.  

For instance...  a 9 hole score of 31, depending on which course it is shot on, could be -3 or -5, but the "31" itself is what is used toward your average and that 31 would be doubled to count as a 62 for your average score.  That 62, since being higher than your average, won't make much of a difference towards your average calculation.

Check out this thread of fun trying to get to Legend.  

Best of luck to ya.

• pjschaub
    173 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 8:24 PM

Thanks for the post HP, I see know that I have to shoot under 61 to advance. That is some funny stuff on the thread, looked like you guys were darn near going stir crazy. I'll just keep going and not look at the scores and just keep swinging, just keep swinging.

Hit'em Straight and Long, PJ

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 8:27 PM

Exactly as HP says with the score, not how many under you shoot. You are close and will get there, just be patient. I recall myself knowing I had to shoot one round of 30 to make the step, the more I tried the worse I scored.  But it did happen and you will too. Don't focus too much on the score. play to enjoy and bam - you will join us in the Car Park.

The game is a journey and we are always learning  so I am sure you will be ready when you do make it (and it will be well before level 100 lol)

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 9:37 PM

Also, when you reach a certain number of games, your "not so good" scores may start substituting the worst, thus making your average go down even not shooting so well. I mean, a 30 will take the place of a 34 o 35. As only a certain number of your best rounds count towards your average, some of those may start making your average go down, so keep moving...

• JackTaylor
    225 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2013 9:59 PM

Just beat a few legends in match play..that will do it.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Apr 20 2013 12:56 AM

pjschaub:
    Thanks for the post HP, I see know that I have to shoot under 61 to advance.
    Not exactly.

As stated before, good scores replace lesser good scores. There should be some 32s/64s in your mix, perhaps the odd 65(?) Thus, scores of 31/62 or 63 are likely to replace these and bring your average down even though they are higher. You will notice which scores don't move your average any more, the minimum movement being .02

Have fun!

• pjschaub
    173 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2013 8:17 PM

I had just made Legend and it took all of 7 days since posting the OP, I guess a squeaky wheel gets greased.

Feeling good at the moment (LOL), pjschaub

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2013 8:58 PM

Congrats , pjschaub      ....      

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sun, Apr 28 2013 10:25 AM

Congrats,  enjoy the new challenge.

• PAGES
RSS