Help › Forums

What has been your WGT Highlight?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 22 2013 2:38 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Apr 21 2013 2:48 PM

I am interested to see what members WGT Highlights are. I could be anything from a HIO, winning a match from 4 down, your best score, tourney win or funniest incident - anything.

Most of us agree it is a great game, and if it wasn't we wouldn't still be playing so I will kick it off.

My highlight was at TP level and still using all starters equipment. I had played for several  months and used to only play 18 hole games (as in real golf), often in practice mode and had never had a sub par round nor a round without a bogey. then off the yellow tees I had a 2 under bogey free round - this was my WGT highlight and is still my most memorable round. Yes I have scored slightly better since but for me this was the breakthrough and suddenly felt this game is actually pretty cool.

Pretty lame? Maybe but I suppose like real golf, that one good shot keeps you coming back!

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Sun, Apr 21 2013 3:03 PM

No score , No fancy hole in one . But any game I am in with friends Is the best round that any of us can ask for .

OPY

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Apr 21 2013 3:30 PM

That is a great answer OPY, personifies many of our reasons for playing. Having said that, there is no right or wrong answer and I am just curious to see what our individual highlights are.

• fronny25
    280 Posts
    Sun, Apr 21 2013 3:53 PM

mine was..... match play 3 down,dormie last 3 holes..went to sudden death,on on and on till i got a great birdie after 4 extra holes...

superb !!!!!

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Apr 21 2013 4:00 PM

Mine was being part of the 1st rest of the world team to win the Ryder Cup in 2012. Winning my singles match and getting 1.5 points from my 2 best ball matches (with Kriztjan) made it extra special.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Apr 21 2013 4:15 PM

beating up Genorb round back 9 of Kiawah in a friendly practise uneven lies game :)

with due respects....it was his 1st game on UL.

he hates losing BTW.

tbe

• SafariMan62
    222 Posts
    Sun, Apr 21 2013 4:42 PM

alanti:
    I am interested to see what members WGT Highlights are. I could be anything from a HIO, winning a match from 4 down, your best score, tourney win or funniest incident - anything

alanti.....the biggest highlight for me are not good shots that i have made,  but meeting some of the most cordial & interesting folks from all over the world!......I enjoy logging on & getting a game started....

Johnny

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Apr 21 2013 6:25 PM

Starter Clubs and Ball, Uneven Lies, Champ Tees, Medium wind, Very Fast Greens.. Congressional CC.

Shot -1 from the tips on 20 putts. Greatest round I've ever played on WGT.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Apr 21 2013 7:08 PM

Mine has to be getting to Tmaster after months of trying.

Oh, and eagling BPB #15

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Sun, Apr 21 2013 8:02 PM

Being able to finish a 9 hole round without being kicked off, game error, we have to shut down and/or such. 

• PAGES
RSS