Help › Forums

What has been your WGT Highlight?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 22 2013 2:38 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Apr 21 2013 9:57 PM

Turning my country club into the biggest and busiest one.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Apr 21 2013 10:18 PM

Meeting four on my friends list in Virginia for some real golf!  :)  

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Apr 22 2013 12:25 AM

In regards to playing, easy for me to remember, just after turning Legend, on the last Qual day for the VUSOpen (fathers day) at CCC, I shot my first sub 60 round and qual'ed for the VUSO,,,I think 58? was the cut, regardless..I was stoked.

But in real terms, the kindness I've seen, been part of when I can, and been a recipient of, outweigh any low score, bragging rights, MP win, etc.

You folks know who you are, and make this a great place to be around.

May I continue?

Thanks, I will.

It's threads like this one, that keep me here and coming back daily, Ren's thread, the thread about who do you think will be this years VUSOpen winner, etc...the acts of generosity that Rich (LC) started last year before Xmas, and so on.

Why am I babbling on?...Just because it's refreshing to see posts started like this instead of the normal negative ones, are all a part of my "Highlights at WGT"

Okay, I'm done...chill;)

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Mon, Apr 22 2013 3:54 AM

MBaggese:
    In regards to playing, easy for me to remember, just after turning Legend, on the last Qual day for the VUSOpen (fathers day) at CCC, I shot my first sub 60 round and qual'ed for the VUSO,,,I think 58? was the cut, regardless..I was stoked.

The cut line was 59 that year.The last day of qualifying it was 60 when I teed off and I got to 18 needing a birdie to get 60. I checked the leader board before teeing off and saw that while I was playing the cut line had dropped to 59. Seeing that I now needed an eagle to qualify I hit 2 poor shots just barely making the green and 3 putted for a bogey missing the cut by 3 strokes. Still until I shot a 60 at RSG in the Open qualifier that 62 was my best score ever.

I would say my Highlight would have to be my double eagle hole-in-one on #9 at St.Andrews.  Or it may be the 58 I shot in a CC tourney a few weeks ago. But if I ever do qualify for one of the Opens that would be my highlight. 

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Mon, Apr 22 2013 4:58 AM

opyeuclid:

No score , No fancy hole in one . But any game I am in with friends Is the best round that any of us can ask for .

OPY

I'll second that OPY!

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Apr 22 2013 6:27 AM

courteneyfish:
    Turning my country club into the biggest and busiest one.

Nothing like having a goal!

-----

My highlight would have been December 2012, when the WGT forums were overwhelmed with  generosity  by dozens of members in the community sharing their goodwill by gifting out equipment to  dozens  of strangers and perpetuating a huge smile for  Christmas.

I'd like to see that again.

Better still, i'd like to see WGT involved next time.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Apr 22 2013 2:38 PM

Great to read everyone's comments so far, some personal achievements but so far the overwhelming fact that we feel a sense of Community, whether it was the overwhelming generosity from the acts of kindness late last year (to which the community is in debt to LC for kicking it off) or the sense of community and achievements of their Country Clubs (which play a HUGE part of WGT).

SHRUDE:
    Better still, i'd like to see WGT involved next time.

Well said Shrude, this was a somewhat disappointing aspect last time around - and was even asked for at the Chat with MisterWGT.

Keep your highlights coming - there are no right or wrong answers.

Someone did ask me, why this thread? I think MB summed it up. to often we focus on the negatives not the positives this game offers us, in particular the friendships formed and the sense of community we do have.

Alan

• PAGES
RSS