Help › Forums

Trust your caddy.... have some fun

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 25 2013 2:32 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 1:18 PM

Give this a shot if you feel like you want a fun challenge.

Play a round, but use whatever your caddy hands you and see how you do.

It's quite a fun challenge,  I take whatever the caddy loads up, and the only things I adjust are spin, aim and power.  

Use what ever putter scale is selected for you too, quite challenging.  Greenside bunkers with full shot wedges that are obviously too much club, chip shots from where you'd normally hit pitch or flop, fringe putters etc.etc....  

Good times

• TarheelsRule
    5,552 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 1:21 PM

Interesting approach, I might have to try it.

In real golf I have found that this usually works best, however I still don't do it.

William

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 1:47 PM

A real caddy will do his best for a good tip - this drunk bloke doesn't care a s*it.

I'd be scared about the chip shots from the rough - 10 to get to the green :(

Another fun game is to use the SWING clubs - quick shots, little expectations about precision, and the odd three-putt from 3 feet out. Add uneven lies for more fun!

• givemeabreak1
    26 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 2:01 PM

Ok why did i try this? Finished 1 over Oakmont front 9,it was different.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 5:26 PM

Who knows, maybe it will even help out a few who forget to check what the caddy gives them in the first place.  

A round playing this way and you realize just how bad the caddy can be. lol

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 6:22 PM

hpurey:

Give this a shot if you feel like you want a fun challenge.

Play a round, but use whatever your caddy hands you and see how you do.

It's quite a fun challenge,  I take whatever the caddy loads up, and the only things I adjust are spin, aim and power.  

Use what ever putter scale is selected for you too, quite challenging.  Greenside bunkers with full shot wedges that are obviously too much club, chip shots from where you'd normally hit pitch or flop, fringe putters etc.etc....  

Good times

I've done this a bunch of times in practice mode with the free ball. It's a heck of a lot of fun having to craft shots with the wrong clubs. Around the greens is brutal sometimes but it's still a gas to try. I have to admit I've learned a thing or two that I've used in ranked play from messing around this way.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 7:34 PM

After all the time spent grinding out rounds where u r concened for your score, it is essential to let off steam and play for fun.

Like u CD I learn a lot from just messing around, just as little kids learn by playing games.

Both practice games and Uneven lies can improve ur overall game tremendously.

UeL especially gives u  a truer understanding of how a golf ball reacts to different conditions and on different courses.

U can play the exact same shot on Oakmont as you would on Standies and get two completely different results.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2013 8:54 PM

You know what,,,, it makes sence ,,,,,,  some time i did not know what to do , so  i looked at what WGT gave me(for golf stick)  and i went for it  with good result ..........   just saying  sometime i over analize my shots for nothing ,,,,,WGT choice sometime are dead on   ... Good chalenge that i will try  ...   HP  :)

• drakeshead
    285 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2013 12:28 PM

Hi

Just tried it on beth front 9 and scored a 28 the only shot to cause me a problem was a bunker shot on #4 par 5 a shot of 17 yards and the caddy gave me my 75 yard wedge otherwise it was one of my best rounds.

ps.saved my card just to prove it to myself it can be done.

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2013 12:59 PM

This makes about as much sense as not courting your wife, and waiting for her to court you. The results can be surprising and enjoyable, but possibly deferred beyond expectations, and with more disappointments than otherwise..

• PAGES
RSS