Wed, Sep 17 2014 10:48 AM (282 replies)
  • Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 12:45 AM

oneeyedjohn:

Fek,

Check ur bag and ur messages m8  

1i

Can't see anything 1i. Now 08-45 in the UK, when did you message?

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 3:07 AM

Fekdrink:

oneeyedjohn:

Fek,

Check ur bag and ur messages m8  

1i

Can't see anything 1i. Now 08-45 in the UK, when did you message?

Are you using Chrome by any chance graham? Chrome tends to have issues like the 1 above.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 5:53 AM

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 7:47 AM

I've found the message, I'd already opened it and didn't notice the balls as I'd been playing with different colours - I've managed to convince myself that the "Lime Green" ones are more accurate -  thanks mate you're a star. I'll PM you re the message.

Back to the balls I'm probably being a complete numptie re the respective accuracy. I'm sure their all the same. Though I do try and avoid the black and blue ones. They can be quite painful.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 10:25 AM

Let me add some thoughts to your enjoyable progression blog thread :)

Balls have very different characters - some are working horses, some are divas acting only good with certain clubs (and vice versa).

Any custom ball has a much better accuracy than the Starters, other details are shown by the performance dots.

Usually, more expensive balls (and clubs BTW) have "more feel" which is slower meter. Also, generally, spin and distance grow with the price, accuracy?dunno, too many factors involved (VEM, missed dings) to be sure.

I have always preferred spin over distance because the former helps to stop the balls quickly while the latter makes shot calculation more complicated.

For a long time I played the Tour-SD which have good spin for their price of 65 crs and just a tad more length against the B-ES which eases to clear some fringes :)

Now I'm using the lvl33 Callies (250 crs) which are slower, more spin and no remarkable distance addition - perfect for comfortable play with my G20s.

When I change to the Nikes occasionally I'm really impressed by their stopping qualities (the G20s need some help now and then) but I deem them too expensive - I put my cash into the game.

I never tried the MAX balls because I to fall asleep. I tend to click early with the Nikes already because I hardly find my meter rhythm then.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 7:25 PM

Fekdrink:

I've managed to convince myself that the "Lime Green" ones are more accurate -  

Bleedin 'eck mate, everyone knows the lime green colour is the longest and most accurate colour.

Try to keep up will ya.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2013 8:09 PM

alosso:

For a long time I played the Tour-SD which have good spin for their price of 65 crs and just a tad more length against the B-ES which eases to clear some fringes :)

I went to these balls because I shoot many many rounds and the balls started getting expensive. I have fun with them because it doesn't hurt so much to lose a ball lol. You gotta be quick on the trigger finger but you get used to it.

It's not the ball that I use 80% of the time I use the Callys spin legend balls. I can shoot better with the Cally than the Nike's & I don't get why? I think it's because it's all that I can afford is 3 bucks a sleeve.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2013 2:04 AM

It's very simple crusher, the better the ball the more u will suffer if u miss da ding.

I play Nikes, but I am pretty sh1t hot hitting the ding, the callaways are good, but for max distance , it has to be the Nikes.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2013 6:27 PM

I use the Max. Took awhile to get use to the slow meter but I find I hit the ding a lot more now than I ever did with any other ball. Another plus is I can now miss the ding pretty much where I want to. You have to  allow for roll out as the spin is not that good. Also the expense would be a consideration.  

• ironmanz
    66 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2013 8:36 PM

Look I like most 2.5 dot balls, or even the ones with 4 dots , but there not so slow you can't miss, if a guy misses one ding with max balls, it's because he died of old age waiting on the meter, the max balls which my crowd refers to as the voodoo cheat ball, is not for top flight players, there for ant to be top notch matchers,  anyone can sit there wait 2 seconds for  the meter and have a half second to hit the ding, and does not shoot 5 under , is at best a paper tourpro/master/tourmaster/legend. I have 3 new max balls in my bag, I felt like i was cheating.lol but to each his own, most nike ball users smoke /max ball users I have seen ... 

RSS