Forums

Help › Forums

So, what now?

Wed, Sep 17 2014 10:48 AM (282 replies)
  • Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Wed, Aug 7 2013 3:00 AM

Phew. I was beginning to think benefactors never prosper.

Six days since I gifted the sleeve of Calloways and hadn't hit a survey since. In fact only been even offered a couple. However been offered and completed a couple this am so hopefully normal service is resumed.

This does however give me some insight into what it must be like not to get any surveys to do and I can understand how frustrating it must be.

Oh and I think it's time to keep up a lost ball count since I've now been playing with the 64 credit WGTs for a couple of weeks now. So far it's three. Two in the water (Kiawah and Congressional) and one in the heavy rough at St Andrews. I don't know if this is worse or better than could be expected for somone with a 65 average at Master level.

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 3:36 PM

Been playing all day on and off and finaly cracked 30 for the first time - 29 at Congressional. I know that means very little to so many players on here who can do that in their sleep, whilst blindfold and receiving simultaneous oral gratification from the three female lead actresses of Friends. But to me it's a big deal. OK so it's taken me four month to do what some, ahem, rookies manage in four rounds.

But I'm chuffed.

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 3:43 PM

Oh and before anyone complains I was of course suggesting that Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox and Lisa Kudrow would be feeding gourmet food to someone who can shoot 29 in their sleep.

What did you think I meant?

• DRogers5864
    368 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 4:01 PM

Fekdrink:

Been playing all day on and off and finaly cracked 30 for the first time - 29 at Congressional. I know that means very little to so many players on here who can do that in their sleep, whilst blindfold and receiving simultaneous oral gratification from the three female lead actresses of Friends. But to me it's a big deal. OK so it's taken me four month to do what some, ahem, rookies manage in four rounds.

But I'm chuffed.

Congrats... those courses are hard for me to. I just made TP and my average went to crap... up almost 8 points... major bummer for me

• Steve442
    710 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 5:20 PM

Well done Fekdrink on breaking 30, I remember the first time I did it and understand how pleased you are feeling.

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2013 3:35 AM

DRogers5684. Thanks. I'm about three months ahead of you so still clearly remember the change from Pro to Tour Pro. As I'm sure you know your average gets wiped with each step up. Keep doing what you're doing and it'll soon come back down. The best bit of advice that I got at around the same stage was to utilise the punch shot. For getting out of the rough (30-40% upwards) it's a life saver and for changing distances on approach shots for instance your 64 degree wedge drops from 60 yards to 50 yards.

Steve442. Thanks, you're right, it's a real buzz. Long way to go before I reach your illustrious tier though. I'll keep swinging and practicing.

• DRogers5864
    368 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2013 6:47 AM

Fekdrink:
    DRogers5684. Thanks. I'm about three months ahead of you so still clearly remember the change from Pro to Tour Pro. As I'm sure you know your average gets wiped with each step up. Keep doing what you're doing and it'll soon come back down. The best bit of advice that I got at around the same stage was to utilise the punch shot. For getting out of the rough (30-40% upwards) it's a life saver and for changing distances on approach shots for instance your 64 degree wedge drops from 60 yards to 50 yards.

thats very good advice... I have been using the punch when the distance is called for but I never thought about it in the rough. I kinda took a breather after the 2 bad games, I'll prolly play today with a fresh outlook.

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Mon, Aug 12 2013 10:26 AM

Is there such a thing as reverse VEM? Just hit 63 at Kiawah, with ten birdies and yet putted like a total dork. Yet pretty much every missed snap still held it's desired line and dropped. It's almost as if the WGT programme was taking pity on me.

I'm off to buy a lottery ticket, it's my day.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Mon, Aug 12 2013 10:34 AM

lmfaoooo, fraid so m8 ... as you say, miss the ding and it still drops.

Its a crazy crazy WGT world I'm afraid, not sure we ever get used to it. And don't even think about working it out, you'll go crazy by Xmas.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Mon, Aug 12 2013 12:42 PM

Yeah you're gettin the hang of it now. I miss aim a touch & off-ding. It's hard to explain. You have to find your formula. Unless I have a dead straight putt, I usually allways do the 'off-ding' method Fek. Many of the great putters I have played with do the off ding thing.

RSS