Forums

Help › Forums

So, what now?

Wed, Sep 17 2014 10:48 AM (282 replies)
  • Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2013 9:46 AM

Hey ironmanz, It is pretty  discouraging  to come to the forums to tell what I use to play the game and maybe help somebody else out. Then some tour pro that has been here 2 years call me and everybody else who uses the Max ball a cheater. Maybe you should be  using those Max balls in your bag. After almost 2 years you should be a Legend with at least a 50% 1 putt. average. IMO. But as you said to each their own. 

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2013 9:47 AM

Interesting discusson on balls chaps which I shall certainly bear in mind when (if) I drop back to the tips. 

My current thinking is that I will initially be trying the Level 35 Callaway HEXchrome+ at 300 credits. Mainly for the four dots of distance, which I'm guessing will give me some extra yardage and thus be be invaluable from the back tees. They'll have an extra dot and a half of spin, half a dot of feel and those all important four dots of distance compared with the current 64 credit WGT G12-S balls. Mind you I'll miss the Lime Gree ones.

Meantime I've graduated to the Tour Master Level using the WGT's, which I'm very happy with. Can't say I've noticed too much difference in the green speed yet that I was expecting, but early days.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2013 10:10 AM

The HEXchrome 33 & 35's are both very good ball for the price, though I preferred the 33's with more spin, both have enough distance from any tee ;-) I think personally the 33's will suit Tour Master tees more.

By the way m8, Congratulations making TM

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2013 3:30 AM

yep, congrats on TM

This is the tier to make $$$

best clubs, best balls, hit the RG's

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2013 4:12 AM

Thanks Mushy01 and oneeyedjohn.

As explained above I'm holding off the better balls for when (if) I make Legend. Each step in Tiers so far I've managed to take in my stride because, like a magician, I've always had something up my sleeve. Something in reserve to help with the enhanced difficulty. Hence holding off the HEXchrome+ (or whichever better ball will turn out to suit my style).

As for clubs I'm still using the Level 48 TM Driver. I'm currently at Level 85 and roughly 77 000 XPs away from Level 88 when the TM R11 will become available. I'm also considering a swap to a full set of the TM ATV wedges at Level 89. I think I prefer the distance (50, 75, 100) to the Clevelands I currently have (60, 80, 100). Anyway, the point is I'm a way off the best clubs yet.

With regard the RGs. Too many crooks in those for my liking. And hey, I'm enjoying what I'm doing.

And I may be doing a lot of it this weekend. Our television is acting like a frigid maiden Aunt with cobwebs around her virginal nether regions - refusing to turn on. What a feking time to break down. The Test Match, Premier League football and Lewis Hamilton on pole at Spa. Where rain is predicted - which always guarantees a corking Grand Prix. Suppose if I get bored with the golf I could always give the Boss a good seeing to. Hell, that should kill a couple of minutes. Since the tele's feked I might even bother with some foreplay.

I draw the line at cuddling afterwards though.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2013 4:32 AM

But u can have a smoke tho, can u believe 'f@g' is filtered.

bladdy poofter yanks and their sensibilities.

• ironmanz
    66 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2013 10:33 AM

First of all I respect you, second of all. you make less than  10 percent of your putts from 5 to 15 feet, Im a tour pro by choice I play alternate golf with a friend whose a tour legend , and it helps out. since he's hitting from parking lot, But I didn't call you a cheater , if it up set you , maybe it was while you were waiting for the meter 5 seconds to hit the ding. If you like I will play you with my middle of the road game, my below average clubs, in a ranked match, and when you soundly beat me you can call me out... sounds like fun. and you hit from 0 to 5 ft less than 48 percent, please don't shout out stats , everyone knows , 90 percent of legends and tour legends quit games not to mess there average up. I have never quit a game . Now with that being said I would love to play you ... have some fun, and maybe even friends with you,  and from 0 to 5 feet you make less than 50 percent , of course that doesn't include all the games you quit . I don't play as much as I would Like but I do run a very Nice country club with about 45 members who this month already have entered close to 1000 country club events. They voodoo ball is for paper masters and up. if you cant shoot par with a 2.00 a sleeve ball or a starter ball your not even a master. God Bless look for your friend invite so you can soundly beat me by 10 strokes, anything less would be considered a faliure to you and your 6:dollar a sleeve balls.... hit them straight champ, oh forgot how can you not. God Bless. all in fun talking smack,   lets play ,I already like you. 

• ironmanz
    66 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2013 10:50 AM

you made tour master with wgt balls your the real deal, I would take you over any tour legend if he used wgt. some pay 10 times what your paying , and they would shoot 45 on nine with starter set and starter balls, wait no 50, lol starter set wouldnt reach fairway on some shots ... your the real deal.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2013 12:41 PM

To be quite honest Fek m8, I would miss the level 88 R11 driver (wish the R1 was around when i had that one) its an unforgiving beast, and wait till level 94 and the R11S. Friends I have at Legend are still doing really well with the level 48 R1 because of the forgiveness. Wait see what appears in the pro shop after this next update in the next  couple of days , driver wise I think we may be surprised, there again its WGT, maybe not lol

Once again , wedges are an individuals choice, and now you tried the clevelands, is the grass greener the other side?  Maybe try the 64 degree ATV first see how you feel about it, limited cost and the most used.

Anyways , food for thought good sir, sure you'll do well with whatever you choose ;-)

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2013 9:29 AM

Ironmanz, thank you for the kind words.

I think one of the beauties of this game is that you can take part in whatever way you want.

There are those who relentlessly seek the perfect round, the lowest possible scores. They spend time and have the patience and perseverence to be very, very good. And of course fabulous hand to eye coordination coupled with the ability to read wind speeds and greens.

Others, and I include myself in this, just try to be the best they can but don't have the time or the inclination to spend hours learning every little nuance of each individual course, of every shot with evey club.

Yet more play for the craic. The fun of playing against others and making friends. With no real ambitions to be a superstar. Much like the vast majority of social golfers in the real world.

And then there appears to be a small number who try to cheat the system in various ways.

There are those who spend a lotof money, those who spend a little and those who haven't spent a dime.

My point in all this is that I wouldn't consider anyone as being right nor anyone wrong. The biggest winner is the one who has the most fun, however they may find that enjoyment. I believe I will make Legend and I'm enjoying my path. I've barely played with anyone else and never crossed clubs with anyone at Match Play. I've chosen to do it the hard way - though not as hard as Rockitch who shoots a 62 average with starter balls - and that makes me happy. Many would say that I'm missing out on a lot. Each to their own.

Have fun, it is, after all, a game.

Mushy01. Thanks for the heads up re the R11. I've at least another month before I make level 88 so will consider my position when the time arrives. Re the R11s, well that could be a long time in the waiting and as you say who knows what over priced ball smacking, laser guided, make the tea in the morning Driver WGT will come up with in the meantime.

RSS