Forums

Help › Forums

So, what now?

Wed, Sep 17 2014 10:48 AM (282 replies)
  • alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 12:48 AM

Congrats!

Putting - as in real life - is more an issue of skill than of material. Expect better results only from the better long range precision of any custom putter and from smaller steps of their scales (e.g. 15 ft, 90 ft of the Rossa). Evaulation of distance and direction remain your task :)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 1:54 AM

Congratulations on making TP. Not a huge differenxe except the greens get faster. The bigger step is to come, that of Master Tier where the distance increases considerably.

Thats when the best equipment you can buy is really essential so keep earning the credits and learning as much as you can. Master Tier is what I would call the real learning curve tier, where you have to relearn many parts of your game. The short approaches are often a thing of the past and just prepares you for the major step of getting to the tips. Challenging for some but also a lot of fun and with your attitude you will do well.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 3:06 AM

Even though sometimes you feel like your banging your head against a wall, or your computer desk...........Enjoy!!

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 6:40 AM

keep saving em up....ride it out to level 59 ...

get g20 full set.(sell the hybred bak ) get ya a 64 degree wedge.... they work fine with the strixon ball also... which is not so expensive.. 

high loft irons are a must.. if ya ask me.. an the g20's will take ya to legend EZ .. by then u can save up more creds an get anything ya want.. :)

good luck ..

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 10:14 AM

Yet more evidence of the friendliness of the WGT community.

I've already been invited to join a few Country Clubs. I haven't worked out how to PM the individuals making the offers and don't wish to be rude and decline outright as I am very flattered by the offers. However for the moment my chief priority is to play tournaments to advance through the Levels in my pursuit of a decent bag. I feel that if I were to join a CC I therefore wouldn't be able to play a full part in the group which is important. So please don't think 'm being a snob or unfriendly by not accepting.

On the subject of clubs I must admit I have taken note of the advice of alosso and 2DAMFLASY re the G20s and am very tempted. My one concern is that they appear to have a different meter speed to the TMs which will make up the bulk of my planned equipment and thus affect my timing. Is this a valid worry?

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 4:38 PM

Fekdrink:
    G20s and am very tempted. My one concern is that they appear to have a different meter speed to the TMs

Yep. My bag has 4 different meter speeds, Driver, Woods/irons, wedges, and putter. I don't have problems with it, but that could be that I've had so long to adjust.

At TP, I went with the Raptures, driver to PW. My thinking was, they'd certainly do for quite a while, were cheaper, and loved the slow meter and forgiveness. If you can handle the faster meter, the TMs are probably the better choice. Regardless, the sad fact is that even they are just stepping stones to get you to the equipment you will eventually need.

I use the Method. Upside - slow meter. Downside - Suffers from the shorts and has an infernal 10 ft default scale. Darned easy to ding, especially with the Cally z.

Unsolicited advice: If you haven't started considering your 3w a scoring club, start calibrating now. It will be, one day. It was at TP that I discovered and joined a wonderful CC, full of folk eager to help. Might consider. Feel free to drop a note on my wall.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2013 6:59 AM

If you really intend to play the game for free (like I do):

Sit on your credits until you reached at least the high 70's lvl's. Anything you can buy now will be obsolete within a couple of months, even the lvl59 PINGS. Better now wait for the right level, than now buy, then reach the higher levels and have no credits left to upgrade your equipment. I did quiet some typing on the subject of saving your credits for the right club choice in combination with my desire to play the free ball. If interested you can read up on it here.

Top tip: Play the free starter ball at least until you have the top level equipment of your choice (no, lvl59 PINGS are not top level). It's the paid balls that will really eat your credits faster than you can earn them.

Have fun.

Rock

PS +1 for the advice to go for the Rossa (Daytona putter). Great value for money. A lot of legends favor it over the higher level putters.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2013 7:46 AM

Rossa Putter is very good and cheap compared to the others.

What you save on the Rossa can go towards your other clubs

-Roger

• angelsgolfing
    211 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2013 8:12 AM

If you rather not spend your own money fine, as you get credits here is what my advice is.       

1. driver

2.3/ wedges ....no fairway wood

3.set of irons

4.putter

You can get by for awhile with beginner putter, if you get driver you can set up your wedges & man you will see your score get better. As you go you will need a set of irons where you can stop the ball on the greens, a must if you want to improve in latter tiers.Finally the big topic BALLS yes i think a good ball makes all the difference in the world as far as a middle of the road legend & a really good legend. Reason is you get more distance , better shots & able to help ball land soft. Well this is just 1 golfers thoughts on how to go about picking clubs in the correct order for me anyways. Hope it helps HAPPY GOLFING.....

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2013 8:35 AM

My 2 pence for your consideration and farther to some of the above:

Congrats on the new tier. You will be Master before you know it!

1. Great choice on woods IMO.

2.  get the G20 Pings L59....These will do you all the way through to L79 Bladez by which time you will have been Legend for a while and deserving of the second best set on WGT (some time away as levels get further apart as you progress and L90 WAY off after L79......loads threads on that bit)

3. Wedges - yes three soonest.  Check out the Ping range being V careful with spacing bearing in mind whatever your PW is also.  I found them great little wedges and a steal at the price..................All bearing in mind when you are Legend in the L70s and you will probably be changing up again then, and so not too much of a sting price wise on the Pings............ 

RSS