Forums

Help › Forums

So, what now?

Wed, Sep 17 2014 10:48 AM (282 replies)
  • Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2013 12:34 PM

PS. So far I think I've behaved myself, been a good boy. In a dozen posts I haven't insulted anyone, threatened to kill them, called them cheats, bad mouthed a nation, used foul language or made inappropriate sexual remarks. All of which I've seen on the forum in the last week. So I just wondered for how much longer I will see this message every time I try to post?

"Welcome to WGT! Your first posts in our forums will be reviewed by a moderator before they become public. After you are approved, future posts will appear immediately. 

Please review our Terms of Service for proper posting etiquette. Flame-baiting, spam, and other prohibited activities will result in action against your posts and possibly your WGT account. 

Thanks, and welcome to our community! 

Return to the Community Introductions forum"

Just asking, that's all.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2013 12:52 PM

Fekdrink:

PS. So far I think I've behaved myself, been a good boy. In a dozen posts I haven't insulted anyone, threatened to kill them, called them cheats, bad mouthed a nation, used foul language or made inappropriate sexual remarks. All of which I've seen on the forum in the last week. So I just wondered for how much longer I will see this message every time I try to post?

"Welcome to WGT! Your first posts in our forums will be reviewed by a moderator before they become public. After you are approved, future posts will appear immediately. 

Please review our Terms of Service for proper posting etiquette. Flame-baiting, spam, and other prohibited activities will result in action against your posts and possibly your WGT account. 

Thanks, and welcome to our community! 

Return to the Community Introductions forum"

Just asking, that's all.

It usually takes 15-20 posts to come off of moderation.  The more often you post the easier it is for us to recognize your name and know that you haven't caused any problems.  Don't worry just keep to the rules and you will be off of moderation in no time.

WGT Member Services

• SwingingRoofer
    456 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2013 4:59 PM

lmfao

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2013 5:23 PM

personally now Fek m8 , I would really consider buying the 3 wedges , you've hung on this long without buying an iron set or a putter and going greatly, I would really consider the 3 atv wedges at levels 38 105 yds , and level 39's 77and 50 yds , these will probably last you all the way , the 50 yd wedge in my view being a must .....

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2013 11:51 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

It usually takes 15-20 posts to come off of moderation.  The more often you post the easier it is for us to recognize your name and know that you haven't caused any problems.  Don't worry just keep to the rules and you will be off of moderation in no time.

WGT Member Services

Really ? That number of 15-20 must be new then.

Read the topic pls and remove the guys moderation. To anyone who reads the whole topic it will be clear this guy is well mannered and with good intentions. What more could you ask for ?

No intention here of telling anyone how to do his job, but this is just ridiculous.

How often I did see first (moderated) posts come thru that should never have made it to the forum.... and then a clearly positive contributor doesn't get his moderation removed, even after asking kindly in his 14th post.....

R.

PS How did I ever get off moderation ?....lmao

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 11:59 AM

Been turning this over in my mind for a few days now.

It seems there's a great deal of value in the higher 70s Levels and am beginning to lean toward the following combination of Putter, Wedges and Irons.

Nike Method 1, Level 77, 2 000 credits

Cleveland CG 16 Wedges, 56/60/64, Levels 76/78/80 respectively, 895 credits each.

TM RocketBladez, Level 79, 2 595 credits

Total 7 280 credits.

I'm currently on 2 460 And should reach level 80 in 50 days give or take and have another 5 000 credits if I continue averaging 100 a day. All good so far. With sound planning and good financial management it's all doable and is not really wasteful. It'll take me a goodly while before there's much better on offer by which time again I should have topped up the old credit bank. I still have no intention of buying balls until I have some most excellent sticks with which to spank their pert little plastic pimpled behinds.

But.

I could do with a little something now. Something to say done "Well Fekkers old chap, here's something for you. Keep up the good work". So I'm just thinking about a small purchase of a few cheaper wedges for the time being, just to give my scoring a little positive impetus. And I thought the Ping Tour W 56/60/64 for a grand total of 600 credits would do the trick nicely.

Thoughts?

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 2:09 PM

I to bought the cleveland high level wedges together, all 3 at once , after using the lower level TM (ATV) wedges i mentioned , but after trying unsuccessfully to get used to the huge amount of spin , put em in the bag for a rainy day and purchased all 3 of the higher level ATV's and have to say , I find em so much more forgiving, this of course is down to personal choice , but I've seen many Leg ends still using the lower level ATV's especially the level 39 50yd 64 degree one ;)

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 11:56 PM

Seems like a good plan to me...

Fekdrink:

But.

I could do with a little something now. Something to say done "Well Fekkers old chap, here's something for you. Keep up the good work". So I'm just thinking about a small purchase of a few cheaper wedges for the time being, just to give my scoring a little positive impetus. And I thought the Ping Tour W 56/60/64 for a grand total of 600 credits would do the trick nicely.

Thoughts?

The daytona putter (Rossa) is available to you, with 725 credits best value for money and the choice of many legends as well, so I'd go for that instead of some wedges that will be obsolete within a month or two.

The real question when it comes down to putting is: On a curved putt do you move the marker and ding, or do you leave the marker in the hole and miss ding on purpose to compensate ? If you do the last I'd give the Daytona a try for sure.

When it comes to choice in wedges remember that playing the free ball you need the extra spin the cg16's provide for the most stopping power (back spin). You could however as well say that playing the free ball you would need the slightly slower meter of the ATV's....I went for the cg16's and have no regrets so far. On some days the meter is awfully fast though (I know, some days I'm slower than others); keeps the game challenging. My guess is later on, when I reached legend I need the most stopping power I can have to stop the free ball on the legend greens. Faster meter I can get used to, lack of spin will always be a problem.

Ever thought about synchronizing the meter speed of all your clubs ? That would rule out the atv wedges, for the R11 and R11s drivers and 3wd's have the same speed as the cg16's.

R.

PS Results in the past are no guarantee for future results when it comes to gathering credits. It can dry out all of a sudden.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2013 12:23 AM

3 evenly spaced wedges and drop the hybrid Mr Fekdrink. 

• Fekdrink
    138 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2013 9:54 AM

Mushy01. I'll take on board what you say about the Clevelands and see how I feel as the rest  my bag fills up.

Rockitch. I've passed on the Rossa for the time beng as I try to aim then (mostly unsuccessfully) hit the snap. But at the price it is very tempting.

Courtneyfish. I've followed your advice and bought hree Ping wedges, 56, 60 and 64 degree giving me 90, 75 and 60 yards respectively. Seemed rude not to really at 450 for the set. They've been more help on some courses than others. The better wedges can wait, when the decision wil no doubt be to go for the afore mentioned Clevelands or hang out for the TMs as they become available.

I don't play real golf but I think I've just had a taste of the frustration experienced by golfers worldide. Five under with four to play on Kiawah may not be anything special for many of the god-like beings on WGT but was shaping up to be something quite tasty for me. A dropped shot on the 15th and then a par, so still four under with the par three 17th up next. Two in the water and then a big temper fuelled smack twenty yards out the back of the green, a muffed pitch and a missed five footer later and I've got five over par eight on the card. Fek I hate this game. Suppose I should just be grateful I hadn't paid for the balls as I'd probably have lost three of those as well as my dignity. Eric and Ernie, my two English Cocker Spaniels, are still in hiding after my four letter filled, screamed rant on the subjet of WGTs programmers and their lack of male parentage.

RSS