Forums

Help › Forums

Quitting!

Sat, May 11 2013 5:59 PM (6 replies)
  • bloughsnip
    5 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2013 3:39 PM

Is anybody else getting tired of players quitting in the middle of a match when things arent quite going their way? Ive found this especially true when playing individuals of higher levels than me. Put ur egos in check and stick it out thru the end of the match!

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2013 4:34 PM

Nothing new and you are very late to the topic. Type the word quitters in the forum search box over there on the right and enjoy reading an encyclopedia's worth of threads on the topic.

• bloughsnip
    5 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2013 6:45 PM

just venting a little after the last disconnect and dont condescend to me either "Bowser" if im not up on all the worn out Forum topics. With 921 posts perhaps u should push urself away from ur computer, change out of ur sweatsuit, and get out once in a while.

• SpikeMike
    51 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2013 7:39 PM

Yes, there have been a number of threads created on this subject, but lately it seems to have really ramped up. I just had a Nation member hosting a front 9 Congressional multiplayer stroke game quit because everybody was taking too long on their shots. He's the one who set the game at 90 seconds. (the fact that he was +5 on the 4th hole may have had something to do with it, but hey)

It's really time for WGT to do something to punish quitters. Loss of XP comes to mind; too much & a player could also lose tier. Nation members who get below about 60% should temporarily lose their pennant, until they get it back over the 60%-mark.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Apr 26 2013 10:20 PM

There is no need for WGT to do any more than they are. They already color code players who either quit or have poor computer performance/ISP connections disrupting their games a large percentage of the time. WGT has no way of distinguishing whether someone quit voluntarily or whether they had a power outage courtesy of their electric company, a problem I had today. That you choose to engage in games with "quitters" is not their fault; it's yours.

Play only with people you can trust. Join a decent country club and play with your fellow club members. Find some people in these forums who appear to be trustworthy and engage a few of them in games.

You have control over the quitters who would negatively impact your experience already. WGT doesn't need to do anything more than it already is.

• Spazmaggie
    4 Posts
    Sat, May 11 2013 1:19 AM

I'm new to the group thing, so this a new and frustrating annoyance, it happened twice in back to back games. If you want quit here's how you do it, after you hit your last bad shot wait for your turn to come around go to the menu top left and hit forfeit, you will be missed but at least not hated, and your fellow players wont have to wait 5 minutes to find out your a sad excuse for a sportsman/women, thank you for your cooperation.

• 719mike
    209 Posts
    Sat, May 11 2013 5:59 PM

Spazmaggie:

I'm new to the group thing, so this a new and frustrating annoyance, it happened twice in back to back games. If you want quit here's how you do it, after you hit your last bad shot wait for your turn to come around go to the menu top left and hit forfeit, you will be missed but at least not hated, and your fellow players wont have to wait 5 minutes to find out your a sad excuse for a sportsman/women, thank you for your cooperation.

Totally agree with you here . There is a right way to exit a game - please use it . I was playing a game earlier and got sick to my stomach ( something I ate ) , and had to forfeit . Hated to do it , but I really had to !

p.s. - I'll never eat at that place again !

mike

RSS