Forums

Help › Forums

How do we practice??

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 28 2013 6:32 PM (4 replies)
  • JDMath
    4 Posts
    Sun, Apr 28 2013 2:40 PM

I'm new here but have to ask. Any chance a practice mode can be written into this game? Like a putting green, Driving range, chipping area??? Would be nice to have somewhere we could place the ball and try repetative shots to get a better idea of how it reacts to different strokes, spins, wind speeds, powers, etc... Most of the code is already written.

• WGTBOBBYSWORLD
    162 Posts
    Sun, Apr 28 2013 3:31 PM

This is on many peoples wishlist. If it becomes a feature we will announce it  here.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/5038.aspx

• JDMath
    4 Posts
    Sun, Apr 28 2013 4:44 PM

Are you one of the Developers, sir, or one of the Admins for the forum?

• WGTBOBBYSWORLD
    162 Posts
    Sun, Apr 28 2013 6:18 PM

Yessir. WGTdbloshoe and myself are the Moderators here. Most of the time WGTdbloshoe will be here but, since he is not fully confirmed to be a robot, he needs some time off so I help out.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Apr 28 2013 6:32 PM

WGTBOBBYSWORLD:
    Yessir. WGTdbloshoe and myself are the Moderators here

And I think you forgot to include WGTIcon. Also please WGTBobby. make sure you include an active link - it makes so much easier for the players rather than to copy and paste.

As for practice put the game into practice mode and try different shots. The Par Three Course is good for this as you can practice your putting speed and just hit back to where you were and try again. Hit the ball into the bunkers then putt back into them. Hit until you use up your maximum shots and take notes if you need to.

Bethpage is a good course to drive on then hit back down the fairway so you can map your distances as the fairways do not have  significant elevation changes.

Most of all enjoy the game.

RSS