Forums

Help › Forums

Unbelievable game BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 30 2013 12:17 AM (3 replies)
  • stormin48
    4 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2013 4:14 PM

Hi,

I have really enjoyed this game for several months especially playing with my daughter online is fun.

However at Pro 75.8, level 52 with the original free clubs I have hit the wall----- I COULD buy a $20 plus driver to drive 275 yards and I COULD buy a $20 plus putter with the meter BUTgetting a great set of clubs is very expensive!!!!

I maybe could shave a few stokes off but certainly not many.

My suggestion is the following:

1. Have users PAY for the game upfront ($60???) then as they play more and better clubs become available they can get them for FREE. Maybe a yearly fee too after the initial fee,

2. Have a Tiger woods type play- a career mode against computer players where you can progress get into the pro circuit and have a wonderful time by yourself against computer players IF you so choose as well as what is available now in tournaments \with real life people.

These suggestions would level the playing field so to speak -- you would not have to be rich for great clubs that cost hundreds of dollars- all you would have to do is be able to pay an upfront free to play the game online and if you play enough and qualify for better equipment you could compete with other people no matter your economic status.

Hopefully if enough people feel this way the company will act.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2013 6:50 PM

If you hover your curser over "Get Credits" near the top of the screen you'll see "Earn Free Credits". You could have been banking free credits while you Tier'd and Level'd up. Today you could be buying those nice sticks from the proshop on house money.

The opportunity has been there and is there now if you wish to seek it. I've played here for about a year and a half, got good sticks, played my way to Legend Tier and have yet to put out a single penny of my own money.

GL and happy swinging...

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Apr 29 2013 9:45 PM

I don't think paying up front is a good idea at all. This game can be free if you either stick with the starter equipment or you do surveys and offers to earn credits that way. I've been here nearly a year and I haven't spent anything yet. It can be done.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 12:17 AM

Who would join in for an entry fee of $60?

Nah, they join on the promise of a freebie and on the hope to proceed without charge.

Alas, this is capitalism and the internet isn't all free any more. Ventures grow to deliver online services and they want some revenue. They deserve it, don't they?

We all struggled at a point, asking "must I?" and it's difficult and painful to stay with a firm "No".

Courteney and many others decided to pay with their time, doing the vids and surveys. I decided to spend a few bucks for my pleasure.

As an easy start, take 800 credits, get a 3WD (perhaps the level 47 Rapture) and two Ping wedges.

I promise you more fun in the game, and I hope you'll be prepared when bigger challenges come up (Master tier, fun and tees).

RSS