Help › Forums

Charity Uses for Credits!!!!

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 22 2013 12:36 PM (3 replies)
  • sc22387
    5 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2013 12:11 PM

Hi everyone,

I know that there has been a lot of changes to the Elite Collection and how to spend our hard-earned game credits. I am not one of the better players in WGT and I do not accumulate tons of credits. Like many of us, I will probably never reach the amount of credits needed to redeem a round at those golf courses in the Elite Collection (nor do I have the golfing ability to play on those courses). So I kind of thought of an idea (it is not really an original idea but it is worth a shot to post it on the WGT forums anway). 

Everyone knows about what happen yesterday in Oklahoma and the physical and emotional damage that the tornado left behind. This lead me to think that it would be great for WGT to allow us to redeem credits towards charities, including the American Red Cross and other charities across the world since WGT is a global game. Having this option would give players a reason to keep on playing WGT since the gift cards are gone and a lot of players feel like they do not have anything to play for. I know that I would have something to play for if the credits that I win can help people in need when I cannot physically be there to help. 

I know that this idea of redeeming credits for charitable donations was discussed in previous forum posts before but I think that it would be amazing for WGT to take action especially with the recent devastating events.

Please respond if you guys have any other ideas, or know how we can help WGT to make this happen. 

By the way, WGT is supposed to be monitoring these forums and I really hope they read these messages and respond.

Thanks----sc22387

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2013 10:44 PM

It would be nice. I guess the only problem might be is that some people wouldn't trust WGT to pass the credits on.

• sc22387
    5 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 9:24 AM

That would be highly illegal if they did that.  

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2013 12:36 PM

They wouldn't withhold the payment if they were putting a service and handling charge on each donation. If they sold a $10.00 donation for 1,100 credits people could unload excess credits for a good cause and WGT would profit from it.

RSS