Forums

Help › Forums

Wiger's Pal Dan's Putting/Shot Scale LMAO!

Fri, Jan 23 2015 3:36 AM (78 replies)
  • GolfingJMan
    71 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2013 5:02 PM

Is this legal???

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2013 3:51 AM

GolfingJMan:

Is this legal???

Why wouldn't it be?

No different from these....

..... cheaper though.

:O)

• GolfingJMan
    71 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2013 4:59 AM

I certainly want it and need it.  I just didn't want to be banned or suspended.  I'm new here and don't know all of the rules etc. 

Can some official from WGT confirm that I can use it?

• Timnator
    272 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2013 7:21 AM

GolfingJMan:

I certainly want it and need it.  I just didn't want to be banned or suspended.  I'm new here and don't know all of the rules etc. 

Can some official from WGT confirm that I can use it?

They have no way of knowing you are using it.

It's no different than the one I made out of card stock and tape.

This is awesome Wiger!

I didn't like your colors so I used your file as a template to create my own .png in photoshop.

Sizing and positioning took some trial and error, but its golden now.

I even created a batch file to open the scale and the game client in Maxthon at the same time.  Double click and I'm all set.

• AeriesTakaaki
    83 Posts
    Wed, Jul 10 2013 12:38 AM

Will it work on a Mac?.

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Wed, Jul 10 2013 3:43 AM

Timnator:

It's no different than the one I made out of card stock and tape.

This is awesome Wiger!

I didn't like your colors so I used your file as a template to create my own .png in photoshop.

Sizing and positioning took some trial and error, but its golden now.

I even created a batch file to open the scale and the game client in Maxthon at the same time.  Double click and I'm all set.

Thanks for the kind words, 'Tim'. Glad you've managed to make use of it.

I too used to use a bit of card with %'s marked on it and all this is is a replacement for that - without the need to adjust the card's position once on the putting green. 

After the initial set up/positioning etc it really is so simple to open and use as you already know. 

It's way more accurate than the old method, plus ...... no more spending credits on shot pal/putter pal too...... ever! LOL

• Timnator
    272 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2013 8:16 PM

Just an update on this.

Using this overlay has really improved my scoring, no more post it note, or cardstock ruler stuck on my screen.

I've even added the putter distance scales for my nike putter to my "overlay image", set off to the far right side. It lists all the distances based on the percentage of the meter. I only included the data for the 10, 20 and 50 foot meter scales. I'm never further away than that..right?  :)

If you are handy with Photoshop or similar software the possibilities are endless.

You can fit all sorts of stuff on your overlay image, then its just a matter of positioning it on the screen. 

No more math in my head  :)

• kakola
    65 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2013 9:31 PM

yabbut.....

Wiger's scale doesn't fit my screen at all well - the difference in putting vs regular scale makes the ability to fabricate one's own scale imperative if you are going to use this.  So if you're not "handy with Photoshop", plan on becoming so.

• Timnator
    272 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2013 9:38 PM

kakola:

yabbut.....

Wiger's scale doesn't fit my screen at all well - the difference in putting vs regular scale makes the ability to fabricate one's own scale imperative if you are going to use this.  So if you're not "handy with Photoshop", plan on becoming so.

Theres an option in that overlay program that lets you resize the scale, and move it.

Play with the resize thing, it works by percentage.

To move it, you mess with the x and y coordinates.

I did that originally with Wigers scale and it worked.

I just got crafty and made my own for shits and giggles  :)

• kakola
    65 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2013 10:03 PM

yabbut, yabbut - I can size and locate the off-green scale to fit perfectly - that part was easy.   But when trying to putt, the putting scale is way out of alignment.  So I will have to make myself a new set of scales - not a big deal, I can figure it out. The problem stems from the fact that my main computer screen is 18 1/2 by 10 1/2.  If I switched over to my old screen, (14 1/2 by 12), it would probably be OK. 

I suppose I could re-write the CustomDesktopLogo program to allow the use of multiple logos at once, with individual controls, but that's way outside my skill level.

(in the end, it might be easier than winning ready-go tournaments..........)

RSS