Forums

Help › Forums

chrome flash problem - not wgt

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 30 2013 1:01 PM (3 replies)
  • oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2013 9:22 AM

i have a golf society website that has developed a problem with chrome and variants such as dragon.

where multiple flash / shockwave objects exist on a page, they don't all load.

clearing cache, reloading etc will cause different objects to load and work correctly, but not all at the same time

other browsers such as ie, firefox, safari, maxthon, opera ... all display the objects with no problems.

this is a recent issue as i've always used chrome and only just noticed it.

eg

http://www.solentgolfsociety.co.uk/spain2013.html

has 5 simple image slideshows using shockwave. i can get 2, maybe 3 to load using chrome, reload and a different 2 or 3.

the same happens on all pages where more than 2 flash / shockwave objects exist.

can't find an answer anywhere, so before having to re-write the site, thought id try here.

• ScottHope
    10,362 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2013 11:44 AM

TEAM A
    V
    TEAM B
    PLAYER
    TR
    AVG
    Scr

Scr
    PLAYER
    TR
    AVG

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

SCORE 

SCORE

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2013 12:19 PM

ScottHope:

This is what I can see with Chrome when clicking on your link oilyrag, is it all there?

ummm, now i'm really confused.

cheers scott, that's the way it should appear.

does it appear that way if  you go back and look again

i ask, as i have 2 disk on the same laptop, both win7, but the second is a clean install of windows, my 1st try at viewing on the second disk was ok then every time after it failed.

both disks show this

you can see how galleries are missing

what has really confused me now though, is ...., having looked at your picture, i reduced the size of the page to take a single snapshot for comparison and suddenly all 5 slideshow appeared.

expanding back to 100% and the slideshow stayed visible, reload the page and it's back to missing slideshows

bemused :)

• ScottHope
    10,362 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2013 1:01 PM

RSS