Forums

Help › Forums

WGT thinks I'm homosexual

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 17 2013 7:33 PM (32 replies)
  • MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 11:52 AM

I was going to play some golf this afternoon after work, so I went to wgt.com.  On the front page, there is an ad banner at the top (we've all seen it), but just now I've seen something I've never seen before - an ad for an "all gay Alaskan cruise".

That better be random, and not an insinuation...

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 11:57 AM

The ads you see are determined by your browsing history. WGT does not pick the ads, they just sell the space. Not insinuating anything, just sayin'.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 11:59 AM

GlassMan27:

The ads you see are determined by your browsing history. WGT does not pick the ads, they just sell the space. Not insinuating anything, just sayin'.

I guess Big Brother isn't watching me closely enough.  I'm not going to any of those types of websites.

On the other hand, that NuWave convection oven at the top of the page is something I'm interested in.  I guess it's hit-and-miss.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 12:15 PM

GlassMan27:
    The ads you see are determined by your browsing history

;-)

• Minkywinkster
    1,777 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 12:25 PM

For a while I kept getting ads for DFS ( A furniture store in the UK) after I had already spent £1300 on a new corner suite....

• AGibbs1
    53 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 2:07 PM

hpurey:

GlassMan27:
    The ads you see are determined by your browsing history

;-)

Roflmfao! Yeah, someone is either using your comp or playing a dirty trick on you. The ads reflect the interest of the user! Gotta' love those cookies!

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 7:00 PM

AGibbs1:
    The ads reflect the interest of the user! Gotta' love those cookies!

Is that why my ad's show body builders that are multibillionaires?

LOL

• AGibbs1
    53 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 8:19 PM

patriciawilliams:

AGibbs1:
    The ads reflect the interest of the user! Gotta' love those cookies!

Is that why my ad's show body builders that are multibillionaires?

LOL

Yeah, it's targed to an audience based on collected information shared between companies. For example, sometimes people say they never sell your email address, but it's possible they can have it "rented". Private policy states that it does the best to protect the user, but if your online..one have no privacy.

The ads i'm seeing are the imvu ads, I see those alot; well come to find out, my little sister created an avatar under my email address without my permission. So I deleted all that junk from my former computer.

Wouldn't you know, i'm still seeing the ads on certain sites and from time to time, they still send me emails.I'm also into firearms, I clicked "like" on FB and now firearms are following me everywhere I go on the net just about.

Most of todays ads are based on the Google engine, first guess looking at these ads that they may be based off a google engine, like the "adsense". Which case is an very intelligent program.

If I was making videos on YouTube to make people laugh, I would rake in a lot of $$$; because that is some good stuff. However, I enjoy my golf more so I don't have time for that.

You however Ms Williams,.... are a very naughty girl...

:)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jun 7 2013 12:34 AM

MichaelStroke:

I was going to play some golf this afternoon after work, so I went to wgt.com.  On the front page, there is an ad banner at the top (we've all seen it), but just now I've seen something I've never seen before - an ad for an "all gay Alaskan cruise".

That better be random, and not an insinuation...

Dude, tis okay to come out...be like me and embrace your inner self.

You'll feel better in the long run...

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Jun 7 2013 1:04 AM

The one at the top of my page is for Talk-Talk. What are they implying?

RSS