Forums

Help › Forums

Pebble Beach, and The Challange at Lanai

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:38 AM (6 replies)
  • tcmae
    32 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 8:55 AM

For this years US Open, you guys released a shot challange of Pebble Beach where we get to play historic shots in every hole in past US Open's in Pebble Beach. You can only access that from the US Open website, and I was wondering if you are going to put that up, and Pebble Beach in this site, so we can play Pebble Beach in this site. So are you guys going to put up Pebble Beach in this site for play? Also since you guys took pictures of every hole, are you guys going to make it a stroke play course also? Well I'd say if you guys are going to make it stroke play, you put it as a shot challange course in this site first. Also on the roadmap, there is The Challange at Lanai Closest to the Pin Course. When is that going to be released, and is it going to be released? Also in the future, are you considering making The Challange at Lanai a stroke play course? Thank You.

• PhilJackson
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 12:53 PM

Yes I would be very stoked if pebble beach was on the site for stroke play 18 holes in the near future, WHY? Well my local Golf Center and driving range where I am a member, they have the 3D- indoor golf setup which is awesome and they have golf tourneys and the 2 courses are Pebble beach and St. Andrews. They have 2 man teams best ball with some cool prizes and of course bragging rights. :)

That way I could practice here at home and get a feel for the course and then have an advantage when entering the tourneys ;)

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 11:51 PM

Hi Guys,

Sorry - I dont think Pebble Beach is on the radar !!

There will be other courses of course, but Pebble Beach - I think not.

I would be stoked also, if it were to come to WGT but am not holding my breath.

Cheers

Doug

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 4:39 AM

dorkfeatures:

what you say?  You say that they're going to let their 24 base coursemaps they shot for experience history go to waste?  You say that despite their connections with USGA they're not going to cash in on the ability to this years us open course in the game?  What do you think?  I say pebble beach is the favourite to be the next course in this game if they add another before the next us open (which they probably will if their current course adding rate is anything to go by).  If it isn't, i'm sure they would put up pebble beach for ctth play considering that they already have 24 ctth challenges for the course set up...

• TheTommyD
    140 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 5:45 AM

overthetop2:

dorkfeatures:

what you say?  You say that they're going to let their 24 base coursemaps they shot for experience history go to waste?  You say that despite their connections with USGA they're not going to cash in on the ability to this years us open course in the game?  What do you think?  I say pebble beach is the favourite to be the next course in this game if they add another before the next us open (which they probably will if their current course adding rate is anything to go by).  If it isn't, i'm sure they would put up pebble beach for ctth play considering that they already have 24 ctth challenges for the course set up...

Here's WGT's answer re Pebble Beach; from a thread when it was released.

http://wgt.com/forums/t/12988.aspx?PageIndex=1

See WGTniv's response on the third page. If it happens it won't be soon, although we'd all like to see it.

Tom

• AlexaF
    248 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 4:27 PM

it would be nice if they added it. Played the sample course and the holes were amazing.  Loved playing 7, 14, and 18

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:38 AM

did anyone notice how SMOOTH the meter was/is on the pebble beach challenge?  is that to lure new players and then once they get a new account, *BAM*, meter studder

RSS