Forums

Help › Forums

Kudo's to WGT on The Merion Course!!!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:39 AM (9 replies)
  • ElSidMo
    40 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 8:14 AM

I would like to give the WGT a big hand on their Merion course.  To watch the pros do the same things all of us have experienced, such as watching a great shot roll off the green or roll by it. Putts taking crazy turns. Roughs being ROUGH!!! With all the bad mouthing about VEM  REM and a guy named CLEM  lol. I think you guys hit a hole in one on the design of this course. Thanks and I can't wait till the next new one .

ElSidMo

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 9:14 AM

+1

• Tigron62
    59 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 9:18 AM

+1 

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 9:21 AM

+1  ... have a greater appreciation for Merion after watching the The US OPEN. Also for the work WGT did to bring us this course.

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 9:51 AM

+100

As real as it gets. Took me a couple of tries just to get Justin Rose's score for the U.S. Open win. And yes it does make you think about every shot. Luckily I had some tips Sunday while watching it on the television and playing it on here. Took my time ( about 1 hour) and analyzed every shot. Truly amazing to be in the same spots for shots as the players in the U.S. Open tournament.

WGT I salute you!

Well Done

• tw0str0kepenalty
    126 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 10:45 AM

ElSidMo:
    I would like to give the WGT a big hand on their Merion course.
     have been waiting for this thread  lmao wgt is a joke  there cheaters shoot 54 -55 not plus 1 for 72 holes   way to go wgt made  a mockery of another beautiful course....well done 

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:32 AM

I for one enjoy the course and join the Kudo line, though I still have to adapt - memories of OLY re-appear from a year ago!

It also has been a pleasure to watch the US Open, albeit on streaming video, and recognize the holes and the places and discover new things like "teeing off 20 yds from the kitchen" (MEC #1). And, now we know that the roughs ARE that severe!

And real Merion gives something back to WGT: Their strong and stiff flagsticks react more like WGT's than any of those I've come across. Our argument of unreal physics is getting weak now - lol!

• tw0str0kepenalty
    126 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2013 11:39 AM

hyena64:
    You do know it's a game right?
    yep i know its a game  but its not the virtual us open like the name says it is      if i owned any of them and wgt came callin i tell the to get the he77 off  my property

RSS