Help › Forums

Turn Pro, become a Bogey Machine.. whee

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 3 2013 2:02 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2013 2:56 PM

I dunno,  maybe a driver would help get you further down range so you have a better chance at being on in two. ( par 4's that is).

Check out this driver for only 250 cr's.  May have a faster meter than you are used to but IMO that's something easily enough to adjust to.

If you want to try it out and don't have the cr's,  post on my wall V4 and I'll get it for ya.

Nevermind,  check your bag, give it a few swings and see if it helps.   Hope it helps

:-)

Just pay it forward in the future when you can.

• V4mofo
    9 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2013 3:59 PM

Holy smokes, didn't expect anything like this.  All I was doing was whining out loud...  I thought someone might point towards some chees to compliment my whine. 

I should mention that I'd only played 18~27 holes under "pro" before posting.  I have a LONG ways to go with my putting before worrying about anything else as it's once again back into the "more putts than all other shots combined" range.  The change to greens has really thrown me for a loop (I played 4 18-hole rounds earlier, might get another one or two in tonight).  I learned a log time ago you only worry about one thing at a time, and it's typically best to pick the area with the most potential gain. 

Thanks for the encouragement guys, and Frapp thanks for the gift of balls...  lol, wow that's a juvenile thing to laugh at, but it's sure funny to me right now.  Anyway, thank you very much for those and hpurey tank you for the club (rental I assume).  I've got it equipped and will try it out right after I take the dog for a walk.

I am doing videos and surveys as much as possible (have 1,600cr), but I know that at some point they will be Needed and I'd rather no waste them early. 

Cheers guys (and gals?), I'll drink a cold one in your honor tonight.  :)

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2013 6:04 PM

hpurey:

I dunno,  maybe a driver would help get you further down range so you have a better chance at being on in two. ( par 4's that is).

Check out this driver for only 250 cr's.  May have a faster meter than you are used to but IMO that's something easily enough to adjust to.

If you want to try it out and don't have the cr's,  post on my wall V4 and I'll get it for ya.

Nevermind,  check your bag, give it a few swings and see if it helps.   Hope it helps

Just pay it forward in the future when you can.

very nice gesture hpurey m8 ...... happy hitting ;-)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2013 7:38 PM

Cheers :)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Jul 1 2013 3:49 AM

V4mofo:
    Anyway, thank you very much for those and hpurey tank you for the club (rental I assume).  I've got it equipped and will try it out right after I take the dog for a walk.

No rental bud,  we can't gift out rentals,  although I wish we could.  Hopefully that driver gets you further down the fairway,not just further and in trouble. 

Now go out there and add some WGT friends and find the true fun of this game.

• V4mofo
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jul 1 2013 1:23 PM

Well, geez... that's a mighty nice gesture...  too nice actually, but I'll certainly pay it forward as best I can in the future. 

The club is a handful, fastest meter I've had to deal with yet and it put me in the weeds quite a bit.  But, when I get close to the 'ding', it sure does fix the problem of reaching those long par 4's in 2.  Just need more time...

As for the friends thing, that's always my failing point.  Out here in the real world when I play, I'm usually walking solo or get attached to a 2~3-some (not usually though, my local course is dead on the weekdays and I don't play weekends).  Avoiding people is even easier online, and I'm good at doing it too...  so umm...  yeah.  Don't even know how to go about it, so I'll just focus on learning the game.

Cheers!

Brian

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Jul 2 2013 4:27 PM

V4mofo:
    The club is a handful, fastest meter I've had to deal with yet and it put me in the weeds quite a bit.  But, when I get close to the 'ding', it sure does fix the problem of reaching those long par 4's in 2. 

Think you've learned some valuable lessons here... 

1) how much help a slightly longer driver can help your game.  

2) how you can/cannot handle a faster metered club.

3) why some of the better golf balls with more feel ( slows down your meter) can cost so much.  

4) if in fact that meter is too fast, and you don't want to buy/ keep buying the slow meter balls, you can watch out for swing speed of future club upgrades and choose more wisely.

Don't be like me, when I first upgraded, I looked at one aspect of the club alone and it was distance lol.  Had the least amount of forgiveness and the fastest meter speed at the time.  Ended up selling back for next to nothing and buying all over again. 

As far as the friends thing goes, I totally understand.  I love playing real golf all by myself, but here, it's a totally different story.  Once you find a few wgt friends with similar interests, you can get away from the "just shoot low" mindset and play for the fun of it.  It really helps when you start to feel a little bored with the game.  Get out there, have a few drinks and chat with wgt buds.  That's where the fun is with me here.

Hittem well

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2013 2:02 AM

Sry, but I disagree hp. All the high level clubs have a high meter speed, so if the OP is going for a long stay on wgt, the pro driver is the best preparation. I'd even recommend the full pro set. It's the only low level set available for pro+ with high loft.

Regarding the high meter speed and the free starter ball... with a lot of practice it's challenging but manageable. I play the high level TM R11 driver and 3w with the high level cleveland wedges and rocketbladez irons with the free starter ball. Currently tourmaster, going for legend...on the free ball.

R.

• PAGES
RSS