Forums

Help › Forums

My intentions are good!

Sun, Jul 28 2013 12:43 AM (33 replies)
  • MOLLY88
    1,029 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 3:48 PM

Good day,

I best not ruffle collective feathers in my first week.

I'll wait until my 3rd week!

I will be diplomatic and let some of you folks direct my attitude here on what I'm guessing is an old & sore issue.

I am running into other-wordly scores of a fellow hack/ amateur within tournament play. I could not care less what format this member plays, but the tourny scores are unsettling (I wonder, how many of you play this person in match type play?).

So, my question is this.

Can a member who has only 10 rounds of experience, actually have the skill required to post only sub par rounds with a 24 as it's cherry?

Again, it matters not to me if this member carries an average of 52.00!

Are these people (and I use the word very loosely) not discouraged from entering tournaments? If only to prevent their name from being always at or near the top, thus kicking out someone else who has sought that hard fought top slot (say THAT 10 times fast).

To keep slapping me, this player's profile consists of 4 friends. 3 of whom have the same name as the player (each just numerical versions of one another).

Gosh!

So, I will submit that this probably happens ad nauseum, as I scream loudly into my pillow.

I AM young AND new here and I am not out to challenge the status quo.

Heaven knows that I am not without fault in this world, yet I do all with integrity, knowing that the only thing that I can truly control is my character (thanks Mom).

THIS JUST MAKES ME MORE PROUD OF MY 95!!!

What angers me most is that this issue led me to introduce myself to you while b******g about something.

I am MOLLY!

• johnloaves
    126 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 5:30 PM

Hi, welcome to WGT

1. Dont play for credits

2. Ignore them

3.Have fun

• Beryman
    9,098 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 5:31 PM

unfortunately Molly it happens all too frequently ... but there is nothing you can do about it except to not play this person ..

just do your own thing and have fun  :)

and welcome to a great game !!

• MOLLY88
    1,029 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 5:33 PM

johnloaves:

Hi, welcome to WGT

1. Dont play for credits

2. Ignore them

3.Have fun

I didn't know I could play someone for credits. See? now I'm corrupted.

Thanks though, I'm quite good at ignoring others!

MOLLY

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 5:47 PM

This is what hurts lower tiered/new players...she's most likely looking at someone who couldn't deal in the higher tiers, but has a good enough knowledge that they make a new account...eff the 12 credits they win, but its gotta be disheartening to new and honest players who try their best, come in at under or near par, and see a 2 day hack posting -6 for 9 holes.

I'd say hang them by their balls, but in reality, they have none.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 5:49 PM

MOLLY88:
    I am MOLLY!

PS, my new pit mixes name too;)

Get'em girl!

• knifleydog
    264 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 5:55 PM

Hang in Molly and just have fun and make new friends and play with people you trust.

• MOLLY88
    1,029 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 5:59 PM

MBaggese:

This is what hurts lower tiered/new players...she's most likely looking at someone who couldn't deal in the higher tiers, but has a good enough knowledge that they make a new account...eff the 12 credits they win, but its gotta be disheartening to new and honest players who try their best, come in at under or near par, and see a 2 day hack posting -6 for 9 holes.

'So this is heavily frowned upon but not openly reprimanded by brass?

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 6:09 PM

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... MOLLY ! 

:) .... 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Jul 5 2013 6:19 PM

MBaggese:

+1

And this is why WGT need to be proactive against these players. Without incentives and getting disheartened drives genuine new players away. That is a pity as it is a great game. Just concentrate on your game Molly and have fun. To have integrity is better than these low life losers that cannot compete at higher levels.

RSS