rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 14 2013 10:42 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2013 9:52 AM

chris5214:
    i know they re-designed their website

Don't know what it looked like before so can't comment.

chris5214:
    and some people are testing the Course Forge Beta

Yeah i think some are. I tried to buy/download course forged but it said i wasn't allowed.

chris5214:
    any news on their game play development ?

All the members want it released in beta but their mod said that would just create lots of negative posts in the forums (rings bells doesnt it) so they are going to release a few bits like 1 or 2 holes for players to try but it doesn't say when that will happen.

By the looks of it in their forums it's not going to be available until at least the start of next year.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2013 10:06 AM

DAZZA501:

By the looks of it in their forums it's not going to be available until at least the start of next year.

i see .. so WGT has a year to get their house in order .. if that thing hits & it becomes clear that they mean business, then oops WGT

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2013 10:06 AM

YankeeJim:

Woodoworkery:
    Well I finally am convinced that no matter how hard you try some people ( ME ) will never never be good great at this game.

Nothing wrong with not being great but being good is respectable. You're just great at different things. How do you suppose the great golfers here would fare standing in front of a tablesaw or with 3 HP router in their hands.  ;-)

Thanks Jim for the kind words.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2013 10:13 AM

chris5214:
    i see .. so WGT has a year to get their house in order .. if that thing hits & it becomes clear that they mean business, then oops WGT

I think there can be a world with both games. I wouldn't stop playing WGT or switch to PP permanently but maybe play a bit of both.

What worries me about PP is it sounds like you may have to download courses and at some point they're bound to start charging money for that. That together with courses taking up room on my hard drive is starting to put me off it already and i haven't even hit a ball yet.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2013 10:20 AM

yeah i believe u'll have to download their basic platform onto ur hard drive plus periodic updates .. much like iRacing .. the online multi play then will operate through their servers .. being a member of iRacing, i've got no problem with that if PP works that way .. makes for a smooth, seamless experience

• mmikkeelee
    591 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2013 10:23 AM

ive been a member at pp for a while

there website is alot better now then it used to be and it seems there making alot of progress.

they even made a deal with sky sports this is very exciting indeed.

i will always play wgt  no matter what

but if there is another golf game out there i will play it, ive always loved golf sims

:o)

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2013 10:27 AM

DAZZA501:

I signed up to PP and i've been reading through a few forum posts.

You'll actually be able to create your own courses on that game. How awesome is that?

Been a member since Dec and just logged in , changed profile pic, updated profile page, and obviously posted on the forum too :))

Gotta say.."very professional" makes this forum look like a dinosaur !

No offence WGT -- still love ya.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2013 10:34 AM

alcaucin:

DAZZA501:

I signed up to PP and i've been reading through a few forum posts.

You'll actually be able to create your own courses on that game. How awesome is that?

Been a member since Dec and just logged in , changed profile pic, updated profile page, and obviously posted on the forum too :))

Gotta say.."very professional" makes this forum look like a dinosaur !

No offence WGT -- still love ya.

Ands, i signed up there last year Nov i believe, before the re-design on the website .. will my profile still be active i wonder ? 

haven't really been on there since Jan this year .. these guys serious u think ? developing workable game play i mean ?

WGT: you seeing this ?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2013 10:42 AM

chris5214:
    Ands, i signed up there last year Nov i believe, before the re-design on the website .. will my profile still be active i wonder ? 

Mine was Chris...and I haven't been there since I signed up last Dec.

chris5214:
    haven't really been on there since Jan this year .. these guys serious u think ? developing workable game play i mean ?

They seem to be, not got indepth knowledge as 1st time there for a while but am going back later to do a couple o hours research.

C u out there :)

• PAGES
RSS