Help › Forums

Casablanca

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 25 2013 4:03 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Jul 23 2013 3:26 PM

I'm on vacation and walked by a historic theatre ... they are showing Casablanca tonight ... $2 entry and $1 popcorn and sodas.

I've never seen it ... is it worth the $4 to see on the big screen?  It's a "tonight only" showing.  What's your opinion?  Blow another $5 on WGT balls or go see an ancient flick I've never seen?

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Jul 23 2013 3:37 PM

go for the film  it is a classic   .....        lots of history  , the war ,  love story ,,,,,,   friendship  , played again  Sam   ect  ......                        Frapp

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Jul 23 2013 3:38 PM

DaddysKat:
    is it worth the $4 to see on the big screen

Absolutely

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jul 23 2013 3:52 PM

It is a classic so I would and hey for a few bucks a good night out - and there is no mention of VEM in the movie.

WGT will be here when you get back!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Jul 23 2013 9:46 PM

Thanks everyone!  While it was nearly as dated as the theater, it proved to be a good time!

Kat

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jul 23 2013 10:01 PM

LOL did we forget to tell you it was as old as the hills?

Seen it a few times and was always a good one to watch with the right companion......if ya know what I mean lol, it ALWAYS worked LOL. But to be honest, I can't remember the actual film  Play it again Sam

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Jul 23 2013 10:25 PM

Throughout the entire movie, I was waiting for the line, "Frankly My Dear, I don't give a damn!"  I thought it was in this movie ... but I do love the song, "As time goes by".

For someone that works in the movie industry, I am real dense when it comes to the classics ... but then again, "Life of Brian" is about as classic as I get.  lol

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2013 8:06 AM

DaddysKat:

"Frankly My Dear, I don't give a damn!"   

Sorry, that famous line was in "The Wizard of Oz".  Happened when one of the munchkins was trying to convince Dorothy his WGT stroke average was lower than hers.  She tersely responded to him but covered Toto's ears.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2013 8:14 AM

DaddysKat:

For someone that works in the movie industry, I am real dense when it comes to the classics ... but then again, "Life of Brian" is about as classic as I get.  lol

" She's not a movie mogul, she's a very naughty girl"

• jeepie411
    3,197 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2013 9:21 AM

Doublemochaman:

DaddysKat:

"Frankly My Dear, I don't give a damn!"   

Sorry, that famous line was in "The Wizard of Oz".  Happened when one of the munchkins was trying to convince Dorothy his WGT stroke average was lower than hers.  She tersely responded to him but covered Toto's ears.

It was actually from Gone with the Wind

• PAGES
RSS