rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 27 2013 9:37 PM (6 replies)
  • Timnator
    272 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2013 8:36 PM

Now what?

Am I underclubbed?

Is putting gonna be a nightmare?

How much further back will I be teeing off from...really?

It snuck up on me this week  :)

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2013 9:02 PM

Congrats!!

I personally don't think you are underclubbed. You are at 88 and have some really quality clubs. I still use the G20 driver as i just never got comfortable with the R11 and i still have the rbladez irons and they are very good.

putting will change some, but i don't believe it was a nightmare, just takes some time to retrain your brain. It took me a couple weeks. You can be quite  a bit further back depending on the course. I was advised to go to Bethpage. It isn't  a monumental jump and you can ease into the distance change  a bit easier except for a couple of holes. You just need to learn better course management and ball placement. You will do fine. You are adequately equipped

• Timnator
    272 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2013 9:05 PM

Funny you said play Bethpage.  I've been playing it all week, its the 9 hole unlimited tournament for this week. A bunch of 30's. some 29's and 2 - 28's and BOOM, all the sudden i'm a legend.

Does the green speed increase?, its at "tournament" for TM's

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2013 9:15 PM

Congrat's.  At L88 you have everything you need to enjoy the tips.  You may continue in old TM tourney's you have already entered until they finish. As for putting on a Legend green, when you come to play on one, a quick rule of thumb is 75% of distance then +/- elevation. 

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2013 9:16 PM

Timnator:
    Does the green speed increase?, its at "tournament" for TM's

yes it changes. The default green speed for legend still says tourney but i believe it is slgihtly faster than the tournament  greens speed for TM so now you have to try and figure out which one you are on when you are playing the free plays each week and month.  Usually not hard. Can figure it out after a couple of holes.

IMO it is not the change in speed that makes putting slightly more difficult. Unfortunately I don't know what it is, but you will read and hear stories where for the first couple weeks everything just kind of slides by or lips out. Not sure if it is how the game plays or what, but i know for me it was different and i couldn't really explain it until i played enough rounds on it to get the feel.

Best advice i got was don't worry so much about your average. it won't saturate for 500 rounds and just play all the courses and learn how they play differently from further back and get good with your mid to long range approaches and the angles of approach and where on the green you want to land to give yourself the best chance to one putt

• Timnator
    272 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2013 9:23 PM

Thanks guys!

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2013 9:37 PM

Hey ,Congrats Timnator ,Legend  no mater how you get there is  verry  difficult  ,  hats of to you ......    :)

RSS