Forums

Help › Forums

What on Earth has Happened to Me?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 2 2013 1:56 AM (25 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2013 6:38 PM

I am finding the game totally unplayable. I have not hit the tree on BPB nbr 2 in over a year. I have now hit it 7 times in a row, even with a dinged drive. I am back to missing 3 foot birdie putts, Absolutely nothing is performing like it used to. Everything is cleared, cleaned and all other things I do on this lap top are working like a Swiss watch. The loading is slow, getting disconnected, reverse views take forever to load or won't at all. And believe me, anything else I try to do with this computer works like a charm. Something is a miss and it has gone beyond accepting The only thing that works is buying credits and gifting. Even when I post on the forums it takes a few minutes to go through. I see so damn many pop ups and commercials it is not worth even trying to play. I am beside myself with the way this has become. Just as I was trying to get active again, I have lost any urge.

• shoeshinethis
    1,090 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2013 6:52 PM

renniw52:

I am finding the game totally unplayable. I have not hit the tree on BPB nbr 2 in over a year. I have now hit it 7 times in a row, even with a dinged drive.

It's your new driver.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2013 7:01 PM

Driver works fine, doesn't explain all the other issues.

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2013 7:11 PM

I noticed issues with Chrome a few times over the weekend. Kept getting that "OOPS, something went wrong" message and it asked to reload the page. So switched to Maxthon 4 (cloud) and now is smooth as butter. Just get frequent disconnects in it when trying to play match-play with others and Pro shop items are blank as well. But other then that it plays very well in single ranked round mode.

Hope this helps

Joe

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2013 8:02 PM

renniw52:
    I see so damn many pop ups and commercials it is not worth even trying to play.
    renniw52:
    The loading is slow
    renniw52:
    Absolutely nothing is performing like it used to.
    renniw52:
    I am finding the game totally unplayable.

Renni you need to use Adblock ... it's free  https://adblockplus.org/en/firefox

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2013 8:15 AM

Just tried BPB front 9 again. Birdie on nbr 1, eagle out of 40% rough on number 4, then all down hill, 100% greens in regulation so it is not the new driver, 4 putts in the first 5 holes then it started, putts had a mind of their own. Sorry folks, not believing I have much to do with what happens anymore. Playing just the same, and will only comment. No complaints from me, guess I'll find one of those programs you all talk about and start posting remarkable scores.

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2013 9:08 AM

renniw52:
    Everything is cleared

...but your mind ;)

sometimes we get burned out, and need to
    step away from the game, some WGT time out
    will do wonders to your game when it's hurting.

one thing to remember about the R1 though,
    is full back spin and a ding is a must for a good loft,
    but it clears everything the R11 clears.
    BPB 2 OLY's 4 etc...

I recommend taking a day or two off, maybe more
    if you feel like it. you'll be good as new.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2013 9:11 AM

Hey Ren, i have noticed quite a few issues lately too, most of mine have been club distance though.

Approach on #2 Merion, 251 to the green, 8 mph tail wind, hit the R11s 3 wood full power, full BS it goes 213 yards into the bunker ???

Approach on #6 Merion, 182 yards to the pin 4 mph tail wind select the R11 5 iron 195 yard club, hit is with 3/4 backspin for 190 yards, dinged and it goes 165 yards into the bunker.

many many more of these just in the past 2 - 3 days...Let's not even get into putting ;-).

LD

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2013 9:54 AM

All good, I have no great expectations. I have reached my peak on here without using tools. I am not implying the C word here. I use no gauges, calculators, notes, nothing. I chose to play this way, no one to blame but myself. I don't use any gadgets in real golf either. After all, this is a realistic game and we must maintain the pace of play. Old Squirrel Nutz will be just fine. Look forward to some fun AS tonight. Who wants to whoop the old Squirrel?

RSS