Help › Forums

Practice?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 2 2013 5:32 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • UncaGus
    2 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2013 1:15 PM

Is there no way to practice individual elements of the game? There's no driving range or putting green? Or am I missing a button somewhere?

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2013 1:29 PM

No Gus you are not missing anything. There's no driving range or putting practice option. Sorry to tell you that.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2013 1:34 PM

Stroke play practice rounds . You can pick your courses, green speed , tees , and wind setting . Main game page , select stroke play , pick course . Then choose , ranked or practice , and just go down the settings . You can also play 3, 9, or 18 holes , and even or uneven lies . Happy Swinging :-)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2013 2:39 PM

I have found practice to be an exercise in futility. You can master any hole at any level. As soon as you progress, that is out the window. As you change clubs, balls, levels, everything you knew no longer applies. I have no notes for this reason. I have no gauges or other tools for this reason. I have shot 28, many 29's and 30's. For over a year, I have not been able to come close to these rounds. I am sure it is me, God forbid I would say anything about the game playing me. Have fun, make friends, and most important visit the pro shop. WGT loves ya, and they need your business. Their motto is: Customers needed, no experience necessary. 

• Swede56
    128 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2013 4:32 PM

You can go to WGT Community, and from there navigate to Golf Courses where y can choose your course and holes

• STUBBY1981
    103 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2013 5:07 PM

Anyone from WGT...Is there a possibility for a Driving Range/Practice Greens in the near future?

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2013 7:34 PM

STUBBY1981:

Anyone from WGT...Is there a possibility for a Driving Range/Practice Greens in the near future?

I'm not from WGT, but that's a question that's been asked & answered what seems like a million times (a few of those from WGT). To answer your question ...not in the near ( or far) future.

My own opinion... neither is needed.

A driving range for what?... getting a feel for the meter speed? ..making notes of club distances? You do both in any practice round, ranked or unranked.

Putting green ... totally useless IMO. You could own a practice green, making everything you hit, but you'll never see the kinds of putts you will see on the course. Once again, to map distances, any old practice round will do ... and you can set up almost any green speed.

Almost all of us would rather see resources used on the development of NEW courses...  rehashes of the holes we already have in the form of the " Best of " courses just won't cut it in the long run.

• foyworks
    1 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2013 7:45 PM

How about a Beer cart?

• STUBBY1981
    103 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2013 9:34 PM

Your probably right, I mean Phil Mickelson has a green with bunkers in his back yard and it didn't  help him at all, total waste of time!!!....LOL!!!  But it would be nice to hit one club using several different shots and combinations to see what you can do with it and do it for consecutive shots...And putting just to see the greens and how a new putter is in combination with balls, and greens...I know...What a waste of time...Well You are one of a community so thank you for your opinion but I would like to hear others in this group...But, so you know, I too, would like to see more courses and better courses in the future at WGT...Happy Golfing!!!  

PS. The next time I go to Phil's house i will let him know what a waste of time it is too...still LOL!!!

• PAGES
RSS