Forums

Help › Forums

Sunday Morning Sidewalk

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 11 2013 8:55 PM (6 replies)
  • randalski
    131 Posts
    Sun, Aug 11 2013 7:09 AM

Good morning ev1, i have sit here over an hour and not hit 1 ball, been looking around and reading different things and thought  wth`; lets get some things off my chest. Johnny Cash had a song ( title ) that came to my mind, where he got up and done a walk-about and reflected on things going on around him... here goes`                  I have been here long enough to know im not as good as many, most, even alot of you are, but that is because of my own choosing. I choose to play at my own speed... my choice of clubs, my balls, and the amount of money i spend on here. I found this game on my own  the day after Christmas 09` after my wife was released from hospital for a 2 week stay from surgery from pancreatic cancer. To ful-fill my commitment to stay by her side i changed my habits of  doing this or that, going here and there; so i found my new hobby, WGT     After weeks, months, and years of playing, i compare my wgt play to my real life game; good and bad, with a few ligh-lighted moments...   Thats where my clubs come in;  i dont have very good clubs in my real bag so neither should i here, because i dont have th best of things life has to offer and i deal with what i got.......           What got here today was reading a post from someone i had the pleasure of playing a few times ( a very good and solid player ) about an apology; I have been put on formal warning for abusive language;  should i apologize..  never say never but, not now!          Some say they like the vem in this game, i do because it keeps th game real, as long as its on a level playing field ( i have my doubts )  and as far as cheaters; well i'll keep it short, there's no way of getting around it so best thing is to keep it to yourself and dont let me find out...  i asure you, you will get a ear-full of/from me.     I have set a few goals here and some have came to pass without me realizing that i could do... 3 goals that would please me well is 18 birds on 18 holes;  i have 14 so far,  52 straight weeks of winning a medal in weeklys  31 so far, and th almighty....TL   wish me luck.... Just want to say a big TY for the good times i have had here with th friends i have had the pleasure of meeting,   see yall around!    Dalski

• shortstroke25
    116 Posts
    Sun, Aug 11 2013 8:01 AM

Don't let him tell ya he's not good ,(lol) because he is, clubs don't make this game learning does, Glad to call him my friend and playing partner .                                                                                               Fairways&Greens

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sun, Aug 11 2013 8:43 AM

Verry nice post ,    you said what many feel  ,and what many classy  members  accecpt we deal with what we have for skills,equipment, the funny busness (cheating,winning,and life in general)       CC  are the cure  for me  ....Make friends  have fun  Good golf day to you sir.    Frapp

• randalski
    131 Posts
    Sun, Aug 11 2013 9:24 AM

ty   mighty nice of yall...

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Sun, Aug 11 2013 11:21 AM

Happy Sunday.

• randalski
    131 Posts
    Sun, Aug 11 2013 6:59 PM

all & all  it was a good weekend     hittem good yall

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sun, Aug 11 2013 8:55 PM

Yeah, Chris Christofferson wrote that song, that's one of my songs too. Nice post.

RSS