Help › Forums

Lost My Touch

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 19 2013 5:31 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Aug 15 2013 8:11 PM

I think I will give it one more week. If I can't shoot like I used to I will give it up for awhile. Not another I am quitting post but more like I have lost the touch post. I can't seem to put a decent game together any more. Making a fool of myself as a partner in AS games, missing simple 3-4 foot putts. My R1 driver on dinged drives goes 260 yards with a 8 mph head wind, may be my computer, may be me, but I am tired of not being able to shoot a decent game. I have played more in the last week than I have in several months and just get worse. I think I have worn out my ability to play. Holes that I have dominated over the years are not even close to the way  they used to play. An approach shot will roll 15 yards past the pin or stop 15 yards short on almost identical shots. I have spent way too much time on this lap top playing this game. I have a good inventory of balls of all categories, I am going to use them up, My Nikes are running out so I will play for the hell of it and get rid of the extra baggage. Besides these little issues, I can't find a friend to accept an AS game lately and I only have 101 friends on my list. To me this is a ???????

• johnloaves
    126 Posts
    Thu, Aug 15 2013 8:49 PM

have a week off mate

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Aug 15 2013 9:18 PM

Rich, hit me up tomorrow night and on the weekend, would love to play some alt and have more than a few laughs.  Message me tomorrow night if/when you're available.  We'll get drunk and hunt buffalo.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2013 12:20 AM

i also struggle to get 4 balls together .. i'm always up for a/s though .. all i want is some good company & couple of laughs while shootin' it around .. quality of play and who wins or who loses doesn't matter to me at all ..

stick around fella .. u're a fixture around these parts

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 8:31 PM

The time has come, need to take some time off, not at all happy at the moment. The last AS game I played was a great one until WGT took over after the 3rd extra hole. Enough said.

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 8:43 PM

Yep, I've taken breaks and it helps.

I'm playing fairly well atm, but another rutt is around the corner. LOL.

It's only a game mate, silly to get in a funk about it.

• mgbirish
    4,019 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 8:53 PM

Take your time Brother Rich, we have all been there my friend, except for the bubblegumer's who think they own the place ;)

mgbirish

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 9:12 PM

i Lost my touch  for hours  everyday on WGT for almost tree years ,   i somehow a hard headed person i keep  going ,  and slowly  i play good  2 days out of 5   , same  when i was playing the real thing ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  except  real golf, a good day  was around 100    lolll....          Maybee a break is in order Renn .....                     We will miss you   ,,,but the good thing  we know you will be back,  after all you made it to Legend ,when you never  in your dreams  thaught you get there ........                 Frapp

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 10:19 PM

renniw52:
    I think I will give it one more week. If I can't shoot like I used to I will give it up for awhile. Not another I am quitting post but more like I have lost the touch post. I can't seem to put a decent game together any more. Making a fool of myself as a partner in AS games, missing simple 3-4 foot putts. My R1 driver on dinged drives goes 260 yards with a 8 mph head wind, may be my computer, may be me, but I am tired of not being able to shoot a decent game. I have played more in the last week than I have in several months and just get worse. I think I have worn out my ability to play. Holes that I have dominated over the years are not even close to the way  they used to play. An approach shot will roll 15 yards past the pin or stop 15 yards short on almost identical shots. I have spent way too much time on this lap top playing this game. I have a good inventory of balls of all categories, I am going to use them up, My Nikes are running out so I will play for the hell of it and get rid of the extra baggage. Besides these little issues, I can't find a friend to accept an AS game lately and I only have 101 friends on my list. To me this is a ???????

Hi there mate good to see one of the true gentlemen of the game still here. I walked away completely for nearly a year. A mixture of frustration and personal issues forced my hand. I certainly don't suggest you do the same, but i am re-energized for the game and after a couple of days back am having a blast reacquainting myself with old friends and courses. I am still trying to remember where to hit and where not to hit. I have found my rhythm to a certain extent but alas my putting i fear will never improve. I'm not sure how long this "honeymoon" will last but in the meantime i will relish the good shots and let go of the bad shots.

Cheers

Sean.

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2013 10:08 PM

Great to play again Sean.

• PAGES
RSS