Forums

Help › Forums

Got My USGA Certified Handicap

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 17 2013 3:20 PM (6 replies)
  • WakeIsland
    213 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2013 6:30 AM

Well I used to play golf a lot in College (recreation of course) and took years off not playing and just this summer decided to get back into it (now 40 yrs old).  Yeah I played maybe once or twice in a year between this time, but nothing significant.  This game got me back interested in "real golf".  So after 6 rounds of 18 holes they told me "You still suck" LOL....as expected, but now I have something to build off of and improve.  USGA HCP Index 14.7.

Have a good one!

• DynamiteTommy
    172 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2013 6:42 AM

congrats, and I'm mutually inspired, trying to get back into golf this weekend, trying to find a friend that is still down for some rounds is really tough. Going to be a lot of independent focus time. thanks for sharing. cheers and go pro

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2013 6:50 AM

DynamiteTommy:
    trying to find a friend that is still down for some rounds is really tough.

I found myself playing my best golf when I would go out as a single and get added to a 2-some or 3-some. You find yourself concentrating better so as to not look like the duffer in the group.  :-D

• WakeIsland
    213 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2013 7:13 AM
    Yeah that is what I did for most of my rounds, played solo (with others). Otherwise played with my dad (7 HCP), so he always gives me some good pointers.
  • DynamiteTommy
    172 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 2:43 PM

for sure better focus solo

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 3:13 PM

DynamiteTommy:

LOL. Ya, right. Too many 'winter rules' moves and mulligans with a side of foot wedge.  ;-)

• StrayedFairway
    379 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 3:20 PM

DynamiteTommy:

Solo play is a great form of release; however twosomes or foursomes are much more fun.

Edit: Congrats on the USGA HCP Index 14.7, sorry I got focused on something else ;)

RSS