Forums

Help › Forums

Oh, what a lovely day...

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 17 2013 11:54 AM (24 replies)
  • josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2013 1:44 PM

63 degrees today in Atlanta, Ga. What in hatties is going on? Last year it was in the high 90's 

Wow, it's been hotter then a witches......., Here in Orlando.

Wednesday: heat index of 105 F

Thursday: heat index of 102 F

Friday: 94 F, feels like 100 F

Just watched the weather-channel and it explained the reason for your cool down. A "wedge" in the weather brought down from South Carolina made the temperatures drop.

Can you send some here?...lol

• Glossopade
    518 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2013 1:57 PM

alcaucin:

5 hours sunbathing in 33 C or 91 F in 'old money' , with a touch of breeze to take the edge off...

It's obviously very similar weather here in Glossop, on the edge of the Peak District, today Andy. Only the odd threat of snow flurries !

Ade

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2013 2:36 PM

Glossopade:

alcaucin:

5 hours sunbathing in 33 C or 91 F in 'old money' , with a touch of breeze to take the edge off...

It's obviously very similar weather here in Glossop, on the edge of the Peak District, today Andy. Only the odd threat of snow flurries !

Ade

Aah, I remember the good old British Summer.. ;-)

I think I'm acclimatized to Spanish weather now..

Went back to The Wirral a couple of years ago in September and even though it was only in the low 60s, I was Freezing Cold !  

Remember thinking "How did I put up with this for 36 years" lol

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2013 3:09 PM

Just a shade under 43c here in Phoenix today...sorry...your 33's and 37's are tame.  off to Hawaii on Sunday for business for 5 days and then be glad to get back to the other side of the pond after that.

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2013 5:49 PM

alcaucin:

Lunch of egg salad sandwiches with a plate of warm prawns in sweet chilli sauce on the side and a glass of grapefruit juice...

A couple of hours golf now (normally been playing 6 hours already), then off for a run around 6.30 pm when it's still hot enough to tan but not too hot it's uncomfortable...

Just thought I'd share that, feel like my CC today  [serene]

Hope you're all enjoying your day, wherever you are and whatever you're doing....

Andy

Went kayaking on this beautiful sunny warm day here in Canada , had  friends over at my cottage for dinner, bbq homemade hamburgers and with lots of salads ( green salad, all fresh from my garden ) and a nice bottle of Red ...

Yup, life is good :-))

• JasonNumber100
    2,908 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 3:06 AM

Lucky you. Enjoy.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 3:12 AM

Facebook/Twitter for this banal pish.

*Pierre Smirnoff helped me with this post.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 9:22 AM

Is there software available that will lock my keyboard from Friday 9pm through until Saturday lunchtime? It would be better for all of us if I could.

RSS