Forums

Help › Forums

WEEDS!!!

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 5 2013 2:21 PM (1 replies)
  • BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2013 1:46 PM

OK......what's the deal with the "weeds" here on WGT???

I "thought" this WGT game was supposed to be "realistic".......and for the most part, I think it really is!   But, no matter when I hit my ball into the "weeds".....even if my ball is barely into the "weeds".............yeah, best of luck ever hitting your ball out.

I don't get into the "weeds" often....but, when I do.....it completely ruins a round.  I end up with a Double or Triple Bogey....at best on that hole.  On the Merion course.....you better not under any circumstances end up in the weeds......I've actually tried 8 strokes trying to hit my ball out of weeds on that course - using a variety of clubs. 

WHO programmed these courses where it's next to impossible to hit out of the weeds.  Hey, PGA players get into the weeds......and they manage to hit their balls out.

Come on WGT........please resolve this.  It would only take an easy "programming" tweak to resolve this problem.

Thanks!

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2013 2:21 PM

Merion is special (malignous) but if you know the real game you'll know that there are lies impossible to escape. I remember some heather in Scotland, lignified branches, 3 inches high. You'd either not find the ball, hidden below, or not be able to cut through it with the club to hit the ball. Is an axe a legal club by the rules?

Good thing there, you might claim an optional unplayable ball.

Bad thing here, no options available.

RSS