23,006 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 4:21 PM

Satisfaction.com
    Satisfaction.com

God Bless The USA!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 4:39 PM

I will never forget. I would still love to know who was really to blame. This is coming from an honorably discharged USAF Vet. What I did during my career gives me good reason to say what I did. Regardless, I still feel for the families who lost their loved ones. Terrible time in US history. I didn't lose anyone on 9/11 but damn sure did in Nam. That was another US government nightmare.

• Ladychipper
    23,006 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 4:50 PM

renniw52:

I will never forget. I would still love to know who was really to blame. This is coming from an honorably discharged USAF Vet. What I did during my career gives me good reason to say what I did. Regardless, I still feel for the families who lost their loved ones. Terrible time in US history. I didn't lose anyone on 9/11 but damn sure did in Nam. That was another US government nightmare.

Bless your heart!  Thank your for stopping by here and for your service!!

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 5:59 PM

Thank you for this post on remembering the victims of 9-11-2001

We will Never Forget!

God Bless

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 8:20 PM

This golf course seems to have taken rememberance a bit too far:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24053015

RIP

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 10:33 PM

ty for your thread ,i am Canadian i wanted today to say something about 911 ,   i remember seeing   it all live   ,,,,   and the  horror i saw ,an attack on all   the free countrys  not only the USA  , but all that beleive in freedum   all  that love and respect the USA .....            i       will never forget ..........Francois (frapp)   Montreal 

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 10:39 PM

PeterHopper:

This golf course seems to have taken rememberance a bit too far:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24053015

RIP

sorry to see this  from my own country  i  feel shame   ,,,i  am sorry  for them   .....  they  profit  from a  terrible day  in history  ,,,,   they should be    ashame  of themself  ....i am   ...so sorry  again ....  frapp

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2013 1:43 AM

Hard to believe it is 12 years....still clearly recall watching it all unfold on TV at work with all the staff in disbelief.....

A lot of people lost a lot that day and I thought I would recount one incident that happened....

A very close friend of my mother's & our family who lived & worked in Boston decided to fly to LA with her young daughter (my mother's godchild) & best friend for some R & R. Her best friend was unable to get on the same flight so took the next flight.  

It turned out that both planes that they boarded were the planes that flew into both towers....as my mother's friend's plane hit one of the towers her brother who lives in NJ happened to be standing in the lobby of that tower & oblivious to the fact that his sister & niece were in that plane.....

We remember them as if it were yesterday and still expect to see them every year......

It is important that 9/11 is not forgotten & that those who lost loved ones still get the support they need.....

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2013 2:57 AM

mara43:
    It is important that 9/11 is not forgotten & that those who lost loved ones still get the support they need.....

+1000

Like everyone who old enough to remember that day, we will never forget that this was the day that altered so many lives and the way we live and think.

As a young kid I remember being invited up to the flight deck, and that ignited my initial love of aviation and sadly this is something young kids can never do now.

Then on this day twelve years ago I was on the flight deck about four hours out of HK being advised all air traffic in the US had been shut down and It was the quietest and most tense four hours in my life.  I am lucky in the respect that I did not know any of the victims well, but had had been out for dinner with a several Cantor Fitgerald staff who came to Hong Kong a few weeks before (a very good friend worked for them in HK) , and sadly they all died.

I have never understood hatred against anyone, but it is fair to say I have a complete intolerance against any terrorist act now. Do I believe in retribution? Probably not, but it at least makes you feel a little better for a while!

I agree with Hyena, those first responders were true heroes and they also deserve everyones respect and sadly they have suffered not only the mental trauma, but also the physical ailments as a result of that heroism.

They say time heals, but this anniversary still hurts many of us like hell despite the years passing by.

• PAGES
RSS