Accusations

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 1 2013 7:57 PM (20 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2013 9:21 AM

Jimbog1964:
    twerps.

LOL, a word I haven't heard for a while...:)

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2013 9:48 AM

alcaucin:
    ( not that I ever close chat box, luv a good "discourse"...kills the time ! :))

Me too, I always really enjoy playing the nutjobs.

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2013 9:53 AM

perhaps the guy who responded to you was the player who hit the shot into the fescue and he thought you were wisecracking?...Are you sure it wasn't him who was responding to you?

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2013 11:25 AM

Ducati916:

perhaps the guy who responded to you was the player who hit the shot into the fescue and he thought you were wisecracking?...Are you sure it wasn't him who was responding to you?

Timing is everything, but clarity avoids misunderstanding, and over-reaction by sensitive types. I can see your scenario happening, Duc.

BedrockAce:
    {snip} I complemented a player for getting out of fescue and hitting the flagstick.  My comment was AB FAB!!  He did not respond with typical "ty".  So after several more shots, I said (absolutely fabulous shot back there). 

He replied "METER WISE ASS"  After a couple attempts to get an explanation of what he as accusing me of, with more criptic replies like "your ball isn't round on sundays", I gave up and ... {snip}

OP's opponent took it as continued trash-talking from OP regarding the initial shot into the fescrew. In first response of 'METER WISE ASS' opponent is saying bad meter got him there - sadly he casts in the 'wise ass' bit, and the road rage is on.
    I typically add something to clarify - particularly in 3-somes and 4-somes - what i'm referring to. In this case, OP might have chatted 'AB FAB from junk!'
    If the road rage continues, turn chat off as illustrated above, and ignore the orange button color signifying new chat entries.

• BedrockAce
    2 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2013 12:45 PM

thanks for all replies - I know next time to 1.  make sure my orig comments are clear 2. just turn off chat button when I continue.

• WakeIsland
    213 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2013 6:17 PM

If I don't click the chat then the annoying orange chat appears.  Clicking on it does not make it go away.  I was looking for a way to disable the chat.

PaulTon:

WakeIsland:
    How the hell do you do this? 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2013 6:41 PM

WakeIsland:
    If I don't click the chat then the annoying orange chat appears

You must be easy annoyed then, try this -

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2013 7:26 PM

BedrockAce:

I've been playing here for about 3 weeks and love it!  This evening during a 3 man game

I complemented a player for getting out of fescue and hitting the flagstick.  My comment was AB FAB!!  He did not respond with typical "ty".  So after several more shots, I said

(absolutely fabulous shot back there).  He replied "METER WISE ASS"  After a couple attempts to get an explanation of what he as accusing me of, with more criptic replies like

"your ball isn't round on sundays", I gave up and forfeited the game.  Could someone tell me what happened, as when I played real golf for many years, etiquite and politeness, and respect was paramount.      

Tell him to eat shite and bark at the moon. Then shut the chat off and finish the game,whip his azz.

RSS