Forums

Help › Forums

Shots Are Rigged? Yes? No?

Thu, Nov 7 2013 9:29 PM (79 replies)
  • drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2013 4:41 PM

Alrighty then, let's do the math fellers. Way it was to hit "legend" = $.  Way it is now to hit "Legend" = $$$ . Hmmm, no conspiracy theory here.

Doc :)

• pipeman1370
    109 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2013 4:45 PM

I told W G T that it was a big mistake to purchase a Novus 1000V VEM and install it to alter shots. They thought it would be more like real golf. At least that's what they told us. Reality is this a Virtual Game and if you know anything about Physics, you will know that for every action there is an equal reaction. The game is programmed by the programmer to respond to every players skill level. Now where it becomes unreal golf is that when you stick a screw driver into a bicycle chain you mess up the ride. Which is what the Virtual Ethernet Module embedded into the Virtual Switching Module controls your shots to go where ever W G T wants them to. They may go way long or fall way short.  The purpose of this is evidently a marketing scheme to sell more balls and clubs.

I have found that the players that have the "best money can buy" Clubs and Balls, don't have the same problems that we poor folks do. And the more we complain, the worse it is for us. How many of you honestly believe that putt rolled right to the cup and stopped is natural. It's just a game, so I just didn't hit hard enough. But then it happens time and time again. To where it is so obvious WGT that your playing against your customers.

They say practice a lot and you will figure out this new course program but it changes and is so inconsistent, you will never get it right and you loose balls, use balls up trying and thats what wgt wants MONEY MONEY MONEY. Good Luck Guys I hope one day this company will get smart and realize what they did to make their Beta game the worst golf game on the internet. 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2013 4:45 PM

• jcs89
    172 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2013 4:47 PM

I think my putts are rigged in real life!  The last time i played, I 3 putted five times and lipped out twice!

Honestly, I've never noticed a difference in putting whether I'm even par or -6.

• ElwoodBlues55
    69 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2013 5:00 PM

As you level up and tier up,you have to tighten up all aspects of your game..especially your putting.Putts that mightve dropped 8 times out of 10 on lvl20 or 30..even when you missed ding,won't at the higher levels.

Enjoy the pro tees and fast greens while you can..the more you level up,the harder the game gets.Upgrading your putter will help alot but at the end of the day,it's all about practice. 

• WakeIsland
    213 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2013 6:56 PM

BubbaCrusher007:

I get the same results as you get. Many putts lip out like crazy some days and some days most of them drop. I'm not sure why, I always assumed it was a mishit if I miss a putt. That does not mean I don't cuss and swear and get pissed, I just try and move on and try to make note of why I missed and 'not do that' the next time.

Let me guess, when you hit a dive and hit the ding the ball does not go straight either?  Weird how every shot does not go where you want.  And especially those putts, those should go in every time.

I'm with Bubba on this one.

• gk21al
    199 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2013 7:05 PM

sometimes, Yes.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2013 7:20 PM

pipeman1370:
    I have found that the players that have the "best money can buy" Clubs and Balls, don't have the same problems that we poor folks do.

You've found nothing...

I have many 'WTF" shots...difference between you and I is I don't make a tirade about it...complaining, etc, about how YOUR game went, does not change the fact of HOW your game went...

PS

How's that lawyer thing coming?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2013 8:22 PM

irishbadboyjt:
    or is it just me?

Just you

RSS