Help › Forums

Situation Shots

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 26 2010 2:43 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Panteleimon
    17 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2010 5:16 PM

This suggestion is similar to a driving range, but slightly different. I'd like the ability to place my player at a particular location on a hole and repeatedly attempt the same shot. For example, let me place myself in a greenside bunker and shoot the same shot from the same location as many times as I like.

• Panteleimon
    17 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 12:00 PM

The thought occurs to me, one potential way to complement this would be a "repeat shot" button during practice rounds. That way, while in a practice round, you could repeat any particular shot as many times as you want (say, getting a sand shot just right).

• PandaPaul
    3 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:16 AM

Great idea. I'm all for it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 11:33 AM

Don't hold your breath-it would kill this game. 

• Panteleimon
    17 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 11:55 AM

YankeeJim:

Don't hold your breath-it would kill this game. 

How so?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 12:00 PM

It would allow you to post TWO-like scores because you would play the exact same way every time. There are better explanations and I will give a look for them but that's it in a nutshell.

• Panteleimon
    17 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 12:07 PM

YankeeJim:

It would allow you to post TWO-like scores because you would play the exact same way every time. There are better explanations and I will give a look for them but that's it in a nutshell.

I only suggest putting this option in for a "practice" round, not an actual ranked round. So there should be no issues of double postings that I am aware of.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 12:08 PM

I get it. It's not about postings or anything like that, it's on a larger scale. This mulligan discussion takes it a little further. Search "mulligan"  for a bunch more.

http://wgt.com/forums/p/9527/61044.aspx#61044

• TarheelsRule
    5,552 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 12:19 PM

Take a look at some of the CTTH scores and you will see what Jim means.  If you are allowed to hit the same shot 25 times then you get better and better at it.  There are CTTH scores that are amazing based on that.

The place for being able to practice shots like you talked about is the driving range.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 12:46 PM

TarheelsRule:
    The place for being able to practice shots like you talked about is the driving range

Which could be nothing more than a trap with the different lies, rough with the different lies and a tee box. Hit into an open field for all I care and WGT could make some coin off it too.

• PAGES
RSS