Forums

Help › Forums

Please help. Fly the flag.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 27 2013 3:38 AM (0 replies)
  • Tiktak63
    115 Posts
    Sun, Oct 27 2013 3:38 AM

I've written about this before and tried to get wgt to see sense on it but with no fee involved for them they're not interested.

All British players will be aware that they are unable to have the flag of their own country next to their name on this site. ie. we all have the Union Flag whether we like it or not.

I cannot be alone in having a preference to have either the Saltire, St George's Cross or Red Dragon instead. Please don't put this down as an "anti" rant of any kind, it's not.

In the golf world, Faldo, Westwood etc are known as being English, Montgomerie Scottish, Woosnam Welsh and McIlroy Irish.

We should have the same opportunity to be known by our own home country as opposed to being grouped together for the convenience of those who run this site.

I have tried to fight this alone but as I said, they ain't listening. It is harder, much harder to ignore the many and to this end I ask for your assistance. We can win this if you have the will. Do not underestimate the power of the masses. 

Can I ask that you please join me in emailing wgt through their contact section at the bottom of the home page. When you log on to play please take one minute of your time EVERY day you play to send them a short message along the lines of:

I WANT TO FLY THE SALTIRE

I WANT TO FLY THE FLAG OF ST GEORGE

I WANT TO FLY THE RED DRAGON

One minute is all it takes. If we do this we can achieve our goal. Please help.

Thanks all.

RSS