Help › Forums

STATS CAN LIE...AND DISTORT THE GAME

Thu, Jun 25 2015 10:18 AM (44 replies)
  • opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2013 7:14 PM

renniw52:
    I played last night with a pro and an am. and they had a good time

Its not who you play , But the fun you have . 

My Golf cart gets 27 holes Per charge . 

iaa R ( R ) ft 

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2013 9:38 PM

I don't often play MPC with others. But when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

• xtabent
    2,281 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2013 10:32 PM

juggss6:

xtabent:
    I usually play with myself, it takes less than 30 mn.

Less than 30 seconds here, you're out of practice, lol.

I should stop changing my grip between strokes...Lol

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2013 8:34 AM

boressie:
    I only play Masters, TM and LEGENDS regardless of their stats.

O really??

How many times have i landed on your match or you've landed on mine???

How many times have you REFUSED TO PLAY ME???

You're going on about stats lying and distorting the game, but you were refusing to play me with my stats countless of times 

boressie:
    The reason is simple: nobody wants to deal with a player who has an good average (75% or more for instance). 

Yes true, you did it yourself

boressie:
    If you have confidence in your game , u would not be afraid to play anyone.

So why refuse to play me loads & loads of times??

You use the GREENS as an excuse, how will you ever learn to play them If you dont make the effort.  What will you do when you reach tour legend and HAVE to play them, will you just start over???

Wait until you get to tour legend or have starts like me, it will take you ALL DAY to find a game, you will even get legends with below 60 averages kicking you off games.  Its meant to be MATCH PLAY CHALLENGE But every one seems to want EASY matches just to win credits and not have a proper golfing challenge.  When i was less skillfull I would be HONORED that better players would play me and It was a chance for me to see how good they were and how they played different holes and i got to see how i compared.

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2013 9:40 AM

I have to agree with Mike & Chris here. You start this post complaining people dont challange themselfs. Yet you do exactly what you are complaining about. If you talk the talk then walk the walk. Its really simple. By you not playing TL's you are doing exactly what your complaining about. Start taking on the TL's for the challange or quit complaining.

My 2 cents,

Mes.

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2013 11:53 AM

Stats mean nothing to me. It is the fun that matters, and I do not see why people make such a big deal out of stats. Its only a game, not your life. For the jocks out there thinking sports is their life. LOL!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2013 12:57 PM

Hey Chris, I'll play anytime I can and always welcome some tips and suggestions. I am here for fun only. If ya see me green please send an invite. Can't guarantee a win but will promise a fun game.

Renni

• boressie
    45 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2013 5:15 PM

chrisironsbones wrote the following post at 11-02-2013 8:34 AM:

How many times have you REFUSED TO PLAY ME???

Wait until you get to tour legend or have starts like me, it will take you ALL DAY to find a game, you will even get legends with below 60 averages kicking you off games.  Its meant to be MATCH PLAY CHALLENGE But every one seems to want EASY matches just to win credits and not have a proper golfing challenge.  When i was less skillfull I would be HONORED that better players would play me and It was a chance for me to see how good they were and how they played different holes and i got to see how i compared.

Why i refused to play u ???? LOL u know the answer. So dont want to waste my time again.

If u still were legend i ll play u for sure. 

I did see yr stats. U r not playing very well against legends (loosing 1 out of 2). 

I already faced u when u were legend.

And U KNOW THE RESULT. :)

I didnt post this to compare myself to anyone.

I would simply like to share my frustration; its getting more and more tough to play mpc, cause people dont want to face players with good stats.

That was the only thing i wanted to talk about.

• boressie
    45 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2013 5:33 PM

Mesmorizer wrote the following post at 11-02-2013 9:40 AM:

I have to agree with Mike & Chris here. You start this post complaining people dont challange themselfs. Yet you do exactly what you are complaining about. If you talk the talk then walk the walk. Its really simple. By you not playing TL's you are doing exactly what your complaining about. Start taking on the TL's for the challange or quit complaining.

My 2 cents,

Mes.

I mainly play my tier. Look at my stats:

VS. Hack 2 - 1
    VS. Amateur 14 - 5
    VS. Pro 79 - 13
    VS. Tour Pro 235 - 63
    VS. Master 582 - 166
    VS. Tour Master 489 - 132
    VS. Legend 1172 - 396
    VS. Tour Legend    6 - 16

I almost crush my own tier. 

I dont play TL anymore cause i am not used to play their green. Thats the only reason.

I can miss a 6footer on champ green and hole a 20footer on my green, cause i know it very well, like a TL knows how to putt on his green.

For someone who never beat a TL (0/7), just stop playing them lol. my friend.

• boressie
    45 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2013 5:50 PM

MBaggese wrote the following post at 11-01-2013 1:39 PM:

Lol, i am not talking about scare, man. I am talking about pressure.

Big difference !!!

I am not scary for sure. But i know how to put pressure in mpc.

Pretty good on it :).

Never said you were not good.

What I said-based on what you wrote-holds true.

Why not just play legends only then?...Why fleece masters and TM's out of their credits?

U know what ??

Go to play rgos and other tournaments,  shoot good scores out there. And everything ll be ok for u.

Please stop talking about something u r not very good at.

Yr stats:

VS. Hack 3 - 1
    VS. Amateur 11 - 4
    VS. Pro 20 - 5
    VS. Tour Pro 32 - 24
    VS. Master 83 - 70
    VS. Tour Master 71 - 90
    VS. Legend 129 - 170
    VS. Tour Legend  10 - 16

Have u seen now the difference between shooting low scores in rgos and beating guys in mpc ????

RSS