Forums

Help › Forums

STATS CAN LIE...AND DISTORT THE GAME

Thu, Jun 25 2015 10:18 AM (44 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2013 11:04 PM

boressie:
    I did see yr stats. U r not playing very well against legends (loosing 1 out of 2)

I think you have CIB's stats backwards....

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2013 11:19 PM

MBaggese:

I think you have CIB's stats backwards....

I think she (?) has her (?) head on backwards to be honest.

If the point of this thread was to prove that having a high match play win percentage doesn't necessarily mean you're a great match player then congratulations, you succeeded.

You obviously pick and choose your opponents, running from anyone who looks like they'll beat you in order to preserve a good %.  What's a legend of your supposed talent doing playing against masters?  Grow a pair, if you don't already possess them that is, and have a go against Chris some time.  It's only by playing against someone much better than ourselves that we improve at anything.

• axstrat
    415 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2013 11:31 PM

renniw52:

What the hell do your stats or level mean? This is a damn game. Play with every level or tier, help people out, show what you know, share your experience and get the hell over yourself. Renni has not posted a comment like this for a long time, but this one hit me on the rough side. I play with anyone who will accept a game and try to enjoy everyone of them. I played last night with a pro and an am. and they had a good time and so did I.

That quote imo is the right way to look at this.  If the game ever gets infront of real life or creates real life issues with the game play then its time to take a look at why a person plays this game in the first place.

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2013 2:57 PM

boressie:

Mesmorizer wrote the following post at 11-02-2013 9:40 AM:

I have to agree with Mike & Chris here. You start this post complaining people dont challange themselfs. Yet you do exactly what you are complaining about. If you talk the talk then walk the walk. Its really simple. By you not playing TL's you are doing exactly what your complaining about. Start taking on the TL's for the challange or quit complaining.

My 2 cents,

Mes.

I mainly play my tier. Look at my stats:

VS. Hack 2 - 1
    VS. Amateur 14 - 5
    VS. Pro 79 - 13
    VS. Tour Pro 235 - 63
    VS. Master 582 - 166
    VS. Tour Master 489 - 132
    VS. Legend 1172 - 396
    VS. Tour Legend    6 - 16

I almost crush my own tier. 

I dont play TL anymore cause i am not used to play their green. Thats the only reason.

I can miss a 6footer on champ green and hole a 20footer on my green, cause i know it very well, like a TL knows how to putt on his green.

For someone who never beat a TL (0/7), just stop playing them lol. my friend.

Your so funny. Your right I am 0/7 against TL in MP, and I have beat Tour Legends just not in MP, in normal rounds I have beat a few with the better score. I will let you know the TL's I have played are decent ones. One of the losses for example is against jakestanfill7for example a Top 10 Career money earner, as I like playing the best.

The whole point of my post and the post of others in here is that your complaining that lower tiers don't try to challenge themselves, yet by your own post and words you DONT Challenge yourself either.

The major reason a lot of people don't play all is because of green speed etc. whatever the reason it doesn't matter.

Good day,

Mes.

• boressie
    45 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2013 6:18 AM

Mesmorizer wrote the following post at 11-05-2013 2:57 PM:

Your so funny. Your right I am 0/7 against TL in MP, and I have beat Tour Legends just not in MP, in normal rounds I have beat a few with the better score. I will let you know the TL's I have played are decent ones. One of the losses for example is against jakestanfill7for example a Top 10 Career money earner, as I like playing the best.

The whole point of my post and the post of others in here is that your complaining that lower tiers don't try to challenge themselves, yet by your own post and words you DONT Challenge yourself either.

The major reason a lot of people don't play all is because of green speed etc. whatever the reason it doesn't matter.

Good day,

Mes.

LOL, I just found out that u r too bad against TLs. 

Dont care who beat u.

I won more than 2500 challenges, including more than 1150 against legends. 

Its like coming at  first place in more than 2500 "normal rounds". 

With 5$ average gain per challenge, I would be in top 50 at least. but WGT doesnt care about challenges' earnings.lol.

Challenge myself ??? lol, that's what i do every time. Man

Do u sincerely think u can win more than 2500 challenges only with a luck? Can u beat 7,5 out of 10 legends without being a tough guy?? Really ???

I dont like talking about myself; but i am forced to.

If u think that TLs dont take profit of playing often on champ green, I think they do.

Most of my playmates, excellent matchplayers, would say the same thing. And they struggle on this green too.

Thats why we have all bad stats against TLs.

I played some "normal rounds" and sometimes beat your "top players".

I dont play them often; this's not my cup of tea.

I know if i have decided to play rgos, i would be on the top list. No doubt.

I chose to play MPC mostly, cause i dont have too much time to play all these tournaments.

I have a life. man

And this is just a game.

Take care !!!

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2013 10:01 AM

boressie:

Can u beat 7,5 out of 10 legends without being a tough guy??

boressie:

And this is just a game.

Two quotes from one post.  They don't contradict each other at all do they?

I don't know about a tough guy (I see you decided to come out of the potting shed over that) but you're sure as hell a nut job.

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2013 10:52 AM

boressie:

Challenge myself ??? lol, that's what i do every time. Man

Do u sincerely think u can win more than 2500 challenges only with a luck? Can u beat 7,5 out of 10 legends without being a tough guy?? Really ???

I dont like talking about myself; but i am forced to.

If u think that TLs dont take profit of playing often on champ green, I think they do.

Most of my playmates, excellent matchplayers, would say the same thing. And they struggle on this green too.

Thats why we have all bad stats against TLs.

I played some "normal rounds" and sometimes beat your "top players".

I dont play them often; this's not my cup of tea.

I know if i have decided to play rgos, i would be on the top list. No doubt.

I chose to play MPC mostly, cause i dont have too much time to play all these tournaments.

I have a life. man

And this is just a game.

Take care !!!

Challenge yourself and prove what you say in the above. Play RG's, play weekly tournaments, and become a Top Earner in the game.

I quoted you because you love talking about yourself and how good you are and your "I don't have time  that's why I play mostly MP's" is a joke of a line. A lot of the top players in earning don't have a lot of time and play RG's because it takes little time to complete a round solo unlike MPs with a average play time of 20-30+ mins for 9 holes.

In the same time it take to play one MP you could have completed 2 or 3 RG's 9 hole, or 1-18 and 1-9 at least. So your time and life comment is nothing but BS.

You play MP only to feel superior and to try and take peoples money, nothing wrong with that just don't create a post to put down players for "Not playing you!" When in fact you do the same thing.

I am finished with the thread as you just don't seem to get it. Complaining about what other people do when you do the same is just wacked. And for some reason you got blinder's on or are just a complete ass, really not sure which it is but wish you the best.

Mes. 

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2013 11:21 AM

Yes i couldn't help but laugh when i landed on his/her matchplay game yesterday and got kicked off.  What a waste of a post

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2013 12:39 PM

Many of my friends are TL. I enjoy the daylights out of playing with them when they invite me. I am at best a pathetic Legend when it comes to skill. We have fun, great chats and way too many laughs to put a price or percentage on. If your stats are your goal then go see how long you can last in a whore house. You are full of yourself and a waste of time.

• ANDREAP
    1,642 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2013 1:00 AM

chrisironsbones:

Yes i couldn't help but laugh when i landed on his/her matchplay game yesterday and got kicked off.  What a waste of a post

+ 3   same here

RSS