Forums

Help › Forums

What have i missed?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 1 2013 9:19 AM (33 replies)
  • chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 1:48 PM

I took 6 weeks off from playing WGT due to looking after my mother after a ankle operation, and also had hassle with new internet provider which took a MONTH! to get broadband back up and running so although I've had a nice break I've at last got motivation to start playing WGT again.  Especially now I've a lovely new powerful PC to play with too and got to grips with windows 8.  Trouble is monitor is 23 inch so It seems like I get a small game screen and the rest of is taken up by those backgrounds!! I thought a bigger monitor would give me a bigger game screen butr at present the game screen is about 15 inch and rest is border!!  I'm on the best resolution for monitor but how can I get game screen bigger because at present it seems the border s overpowering the game screen??  

And have I missed anything interesting here or has it been the same old same old???

And what would be best Maxthon 3 browser or maxthon 4 (maxthon cloud)?? Would Maxthon 4 be more resource heavy?  I'm downloading them both to see for myself ,but has any one else tried maxthon cloud??

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 2:15 PM

not at all sure how to make the 'game screen' any bigger - but i've been cntrl +'ing to make the the screen you show above have less background and more 'foreground' if that makes sense - 

sure has helped my squinty eyed reading here too :)

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 2:18 PM

chrisironsbones:
    And what would be best Maxthon 3 browser or maxthon 4

Maxthon 3.5.2.600 beta works best for me and I've tried over 50 versions of Maxthon.

Full screen mode is good. Bottom right of taskbar look for  "100%"  click on that and select full screen when playing.

Welcome back by the way.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 2:32 PM

R.click on your desktop screen...click "graphic options"...click "no border" or something like that....then r.click again click properties-settings-and adjust the dpi until ya like what ya see....

you can size the game screen in this mode ya can't in full screen

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 2:33 PM

Hey CnC, Welcome back...hope your Mom is doing well.  Have been using M-Cloud forever....works good for me ...never any problems.

• ScottHope
    10,354 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 2:40 PM

I can see from your picture Chris that you're using IE. Does the game open in a new tab when you play, or a new window?

Anyway, if you know how to change it I would suggest that you set whatever browser you are using to open the game in a new window rather than a new tab as this should eliminate all the clutter around the browser edges.

(Oh yeah & best wishes to your mom.)

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 2:58 PM

fatdan:

R.click on your desktop screen...click "graphic options"...click "no border" or something like that....then r.click again click properties-settings-and adjust the dpi until ya like what ya see....

you can size the game screen in this mode ya can't in full screen

I'm using windows 8 and have AMD Radeon graphics card so when i right click all i get is the "catalyst control centre" which is the graphics card options, no option for dpi (i dont think) searched every where!!

ScottHope:
    I can see from your picture Chris that you're using IE. Does the game open in a new tab when you play, or a new window?

I only used IE 9 because I was using internet for first time and it was only browser i could access from windows 8 to download other better browsers.  (but IE 9 not as bad now I have powerful PC) But to answer your question, yes it does open a new window.  Pity Maxthon didn't do it as well rather than have to manually open a new window all the time

• ScottHope
    10,354 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 3:14 PM

I don't use Maxthon enough to be familiar with the settings so I can't really help you there but hopefully someone can.

The game should fill the screen fairly well in a new window. What is your screen resolution if I may ask?

EDIT: Going by your picture I'm guessing you have a 16:9 monitor and as the game window is roughly 4:3 then you are going to have some black bars either side, as far as I know there's not much you can do about that and I'm sure you don't want the picture to be distorted to fit your screen.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 3:22 PM

ScottHope:

I don't use Maxthon enough to be familiar with the settings so I can't really help you there but hopefully someone can.

The game should fill the screen fairly well in a new window. What is your screen resolution if I may ask?

1920 x 1080p

I though buying a bigger monitor would enhance the game screen, but all thats happened is i have same size game screen as i did with 19 inch monitor (roughly 15 ins game screen and rest WGT border) but now with 23 inch monitor the game screen is STILL 15 INCH and i have an even bigger border so it seems extremely ODD!!   HELP ANDYSON!
    WGT should make their game & web page to fit wide screen tv's!!! 

• ScottHope
    10,354 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2013 3:40 PM

Looking on the brighter side, Icon has posted some info about the possibility of ingame note taking being made available at some point in the not too distant future, so perhaps instead of a black bar down the side you can have a shopping list, oh joy!

Was your 19inch monitor widescreen too?

EDIT: If I set my resolution to the same as yours I can get this...

...does yours look something similar?

RSS