Help › Forums

I need 287 driver (black)

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 3 2013 10:13 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2013 6:11 PM

how do i get it ? I know it was on sale or something that time i did n't have money. WGT put back black driver on sale again so i can play with it. 

• sweetspott
    26,443 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2013 6:33 PM

L98 Dude.The only 287 yard driver is the white, you missed out on the Black Promo L93

Sorry..

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2013 6:56 PM

Gotta love this kids gumption. Just sitting there thinkin " i want the 287 driver!"

WGT make that available to me, NOW!

A lot of people would like it but as it stated it was a summer promotion and ended in August.

Get the SLDR driver it better than that R11 you got. Played a guy today with an R1 and I really wasn't at much of a disadvantage. In most cases i was within a couple of yards of him and that isn't gonna make a huge difference. From what i have seen it helps in strong headwinds because of built in lower trajectory. Seen guys bang it 290+ into headwinds, but i don't have one so can't really say. It is a beast for sure, but you can do just fine with what you got or the SLDR.

Just learn your irons better. For me i don't really care anymore if it is a PW or a 3 iron.  If you got the calculations down and can be on or close to ding, you are usually gonna be in good shape for a bird/eagle. Also get your putting sorted. It makes life a lot easier when you can sink 5-10 footer without really thinking about it and 10-20 footers are still good chances.

Stop worrying about stuff that doesn't matter so much. If you spent as much time on approaches and putting as you do worrying about stats and clubs and all this other stuff, I think you would be dangerous, cuz from what i have read you are a pretty good player. Stop letting all this external stuff distract you and just play and learn and have fun

• sweetspott
    26,443 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2013 7:04 PM

jsweetcr:

Played a guy today with an R1 and I really wasn't at much of a disadvantage. In most cases i was within a couple of yards of him and that isn't gonna make a huge difference. From what i have seen 

One thing with the R1 is you can still out drive most drivers with less expensive balls, thats a big plus in my pocket...

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2013 8:01 PM

i don't doubt that it is nice to have and can only make things better and more easy , just saying it isn't necessary. Just saying you can still do well with the R11, R11S, SLDR and maybe even the g20.

• fmagnets
    3,640 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2013 8:04 PM

Alex doesn't ding or near-ding well enough to use the R11. He badly needs the SLDR as I have told him before.

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2013 8:13 PM

fmagnets:

Alex doesn't ding or near-ding well enough to use the R11. He badly needs the SLDR as I have told him before.

Which is what i suspected, hence my recommendation. I rented the R11 a couple times and it was punishing if you missed. Probably how it should be from the tee, but why bother if you have other options

and waiting for 98 is like watching grass grow or paint dry. What is it mags, like 1.7 or 1.8 million XP. It will be months if not years til then

• sweetspott
    26,443 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2013 8:27 PM

jsweetcr:

fmagnets:

and waiting for 98 is like watching grass grow or paint dry. What is it mags, like 1.7 or 1.8 million XP. It will be months if not years til then

Or Climbing Mount Everest...Get a Sherpa.........

• fmagnets
    3,640 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2013 9:26 PM

jsweetcr:

Level 98 is XP 1764760 according to the guide in the forum. I remember that I played hard for a month through Xmas to get to the R11s at L94. Then they launched the R1 sometime around Easter when I was half way through L95. It took six weeks of solid play (that's every available tournament, CTTH, and RG every day) to get to L98. 

• Dougie4042
    4,410 Posts
    Sun, Nov 3 2013 9:59 PM

jsweetcr:
    Gotta love this kids gumption. Just sitting there thinkin " i want the 287 driver!"

Lol!

• PAGES
RSS