Forums

Help › Forums

Creek Sinker AWARD!!!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 10 2013 10:57 PM (3 replies)
  • Aboogaba
    20 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2013 3:45 PM

High I am pleased to anounce that today, I won the " Sink it in the Creek "  award and no, I am not proud, and this statement is only for comunication purposes.               I also almost won the " Knock it in the Bush " award but I have not done that enough times yet.     I did get the" Merion Basher" award, but it is only bronze

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2013 5:09 PM

Get rid of the hybrid , and add another wedge .Also play practice stroke play rounds to work on your game . Learn your wedges , and how to hit flop , pitch , and punch shots . Work on ball placement and getting closer to the pin . Play well , and have fun . Happy Swinging :-)

• Aboogaba
    20 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2013 6:01 PM

Thanks for your advice Lonnie,  I have been doing what you said and getting better. I picked up a couple of new wedges, a 58 and 64 , 86yrd and 60yrd range and all of a sudden I go and get -10 ( 62) at St. Adrws. ranked game!!!        I started real golf, a few years ago, but have been busy, however, in my first year, I parred a 184 yrd par 3 and birdied a 120 yrd par 3.  I sunk over 10 thousand practice putts at 7 ft    I started on a mini par 3 hill side course pitch and putt and then at the end of my first year, I went to the long exectutive par 3 that Pga level players have a hard time just breaking even.

Anyway, I did not know that I can replace my hybrid with another wedge.  Maybe I can get something in betwwen my 110yrd  pitch and my 86yrd 58   Well thanks again for your input. I am really beggining to like Merion, even though it brought  my average from 65.8  up to 73.

RSS