Help › Forums

OH NO!!!! My Stroke is Broke

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 12 2013 7:39 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2013 7:51 AM

I am having a bad morning. I made up my mind I was going to take some time and play a few stroke rounds. I have never made a habit of forfeiting games because of my score. I have always kept them all. So far today it is very painful. I have started 6 games 2-3 under par in the first 4 holes just to see the game go right down the crapper. All of a sudden the meter will Zip or skip, my 80 Cleveland will only go 65 yards with a tail wind, I have missed 7 par putts of less than 4 feet. How does a 1.2 foot putt go dead right when it shows no movement? I won't blame a thing on WGT for fear of the thrashing I will receive. I have used up 2 new balls so far this morning just by strokes alone. I see a pattern emerging and may have to revert back to AS only. My balls are wearing out, my irons are tired, and I don't want to buy more beer yet. It is only 10:49 am here. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Is Renni's stroke broke, or am I one of the chosen this morning? At the moment I am LMFAO and crying in my coffee.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2013 7:58 AM

Pretty simple explanation, I see it consistently in my own game. You start like a house afire and get to the 4th or 5th with a head of steam and then all of a sudden, what you got away with in the first few holes goes away. You're now forced to hit better shots. Slight misses are not as forgiving. Wind picks up and gusts a little more. If you don't adjust you're done. VEM in action.

Losing balls is not in the equation, that's on you. 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2013 8:14 AM

I didn't lose any YJ, just wearing them out. And you are 100% correct, the slightest miscue and it is a new ball game. I can handle the pressure, don't get upset anymore and just look forward to the AS games with the nuts I call friends. Makes it worth the ride.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2013 10:07 AM

Y'all need to talk to Vem9000.........  ;-))

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2013 2:42 PM

Time for confessional??  ;-)

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2013 3:11 PM

renniw52:
    I have missed 7 par putts of less than 4 feet. How does a 1.2 foot putt go dead right when it shows no movement?

I have a sweet Nike putter that a Great Veteran player gifted me. I rarely use the 10 ft. scale on this thing. The 20 ft. scale is required for every putt I make like the 4 and 5 footers for example.

The only time I opt to use the 10 ft. scale in on some severe downhill shorter putts that are like a ski slope downhill like ST. A. 2nd hole up there.

What i'm trying to say is, most times I find I have to hit shorter putts quite firmly to get the line to the heart of the hole.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2013 7:16 PM

renniw52:

I am having a bad morning. I made up my mind I was going to take some time and play a few stroke rounds. I have never made a habit of forfeiting games because of my score. I have always kept them all. So far today it is very painful. I have started 6 games 2-3 under par in the first 4 holes just to see the game go right down the crapper. All of a sudden the meter will Zip or skip, my 80 Cleveland will only go 65 yards with a tail wind, I have missed 7 par putts of less than 4 feet. How does a 1.2 foot putt go dead right when it shows no movement? I won't blame a thing on WGT for fear of the thrashing I will receive. I have used up 2 new balls so far this morning just by strokes alone. I see a pattern emerging and may have to revert back to AS only. My balls are wearing out, my irons are tired, and I don't want to buy more beer yet. It is only 10:49 am here. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Is Renni's stroke broke, or am I one of the chosen this morning? At the moment I am LMFAO and crying in my coffee.

Just got to roll with the punches mate. The game right now is just playing very inconsistent.

I could shoot 26-33 in a second. Trust me everyone is dealing with it. I have beat some very good players in tourneys lately i should have never beat.

Some players like it,, makes it more real. If that is your cup of tea,, i'm sure your having a blast.

If.... your trying to compete,, it is very frustrating. More times than not skill is not winning,, luck is.

Sooo.... best to just tee that sucker up and smack it!! Where it goes,,, nobody knows...lol.

Hopefully have a decent putt. Then....... pray it goes in. It is what it is.

Good luck mate.

• sweetspott
    26,443 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2013 8:06 PM

hpurey:

Time for confessional??  ;-)

lmao...Thats great...g1 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2013 6:02 AM

No harm, no foul here for me. I have never competed for money, credits or anything else. Strictly entertainment and fun for me. What used to create major frustration for me in the early days on WGT are just typical expectations now. I have hit some beautiful shots IRL just for them to hit the only rock on the fairway and bounce in the weeds. The programmers here reserved the right to put a rock anywhere at anytime. LOL

• PAGES
RSS