Forums

Help › Forums

Simple Question for WGT, or anyone for that matter

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 13 2013 10:16 AM (7 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2013 11:47 AM

How long will this continue? Just started BPB front 9, 5 under, game working perfect, meter smooth as silk, every shot stopping, rolling doing exactly like I aimed, putts rolling like they were on a track. Then meter goes south, wind reacts like it isn't there, putts do almost the opposite of what they show. Not complaining, just asking. This is making no sense to me. Ended up carding a 35 that looked like a sub thirty all the way. Had two 3 putts in the last 4 holes, haven't seen them in awhile. Balls were stopping like they hit a wall. I could really care less about the shenanigans WGT is pulling, I play just to kill time anyways. I hope they are watching my dwindling inventory of balls, I will learn to play with the starter rocks very soon.

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2013 12:26 PM

Here's how I have been going about looking at it recently Renni.

We all know this kind of stuff happens and from what I can tell based on the patent post people have made about how the variation model works is basically as you do better and better the system keeps asking if you have reached a threshold and should the variation be more. I have no idea if that can happen hole be hole or if its round by round or whatever, but we all know that if we start posting really good rounds, especially if credits are involved, then the variation will increase and our need to be spot on with everything we do in the game will increase.

So the way I see it lately, and this is so i can maintain some composure and keep some sanity and still have fun while playing, is if a bad round is happening I just need to get through it as fast as possible. Play the rounds and stay focused but when the VEM crap is hitting the fan, just chuckle and push through it, know that somewhere down the line is a great round.  If I am playing RGs or for credits, I try and time the more important rounds for when it appears the variation is going to lay off a bit and play the cheapies or non important rounds when I feel I am gonna get dumped on.

As I progress I do see the need for some of the variation. If it weren't there we would all be posting sub 50 rounds on 18. Its not perfect and can be crazy annoying, especially when you ding a 6 foot putt and you have it about 9-12 inches outside the cup to account for break and you watch it come off the putter blade 2 inches outside cup and sit as it breaks and rolls under the cup, having absolutely no chance. However, plenty of times when i miss the ding horribly on a similar putt to watch it hit the bottom of the cup.

I guess with this variation it is all swings and roundabouts.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2013 12:51 PM

I hear ya JS, was just wondering how it can go to hell all of a sudden. It makes no diff to me but once in awhile it would feel good to shoot a 30 or God forbid a 29. Hey, I am only 222 days from level 98 so I have a goal to shoot for.

• juggss6
    121 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2013 7:26 PM

Jesus christ I know exactly what you mean. What's funny is, it seems to give me good luck every time I buy something...

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2013 10:11 PM

juggss6:
    What's funny is, it seems to give me good luck every time I buy something...

LOL yea,  I buy $20 worth of credits and I get a -5 thru 5 start, but then I finish at -1 lol.

Seriously though,  every time I buy something or get credits ( not earned freely)  I see a bit of leniency from the game, hence the silly non customize-able golf bag.  ;-)

But it never seems to last very long.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2013 11:13 PM

They say this game is like real golf ... however, when I start off like gangbusters IRL, that luck seems to follow me through the entire game ... and when I have those missed 3' putt type games, that luck usually follows me through the entire game.  And when you've mapped out a course and have a feel for the greens and winds shown, getting something extremely different is simply nothing more than a WTF.

And yes, when you buy credits you get about a 1/2 game penance.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2013 10:16 AM

Strange you all brought up the spending. I have not spent a cent on here since XMAS in July. That should have carried me through the end of the year at least. Guess not, lol.

RSS