Help › Forums

no stroke play or match play on some courses

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:14 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • daryl772003
    8 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 8:09 AM

why is there no stroke or match play on bali hai, edgewood tahoe, pinehurst no. 8, or wolf creek

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 2:42 PM

they are just ctth courses bud....doubt you will ever see the full courses...i may be wrong...there are just four  full courses.....thats why we are still in beta.....you cant go mainstream with four courses!

• daryl772003
    8 Posts
    Sun, Aug 29 2010 7:20 PM
    what are ctth courses. and what do you mean you can't go mainstream with four courses. i'm pretty new to online golf
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 9:47 AM

CTTH - Closest To The Hole courses... Where your total score is the distance between your ball and the pin with one shot per hole.

CTTH was around before the first Stroke Play course (Kiawah front 9).

• daryl772003
    8 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 2:25 PM
    i really don't understand what you mean by that last sentence. can you give me any clear reason why there is no stroke or match play on the courses i listed
  • daryl772003
    8 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 2:26 PM

thanks for letting me know what ctth means. but i still don't understand why there is no stroke or match play on the courses i listed

• OntarioQuizzer
    11 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 5:39 PM

Daryl:

Because for the closest-to-the-hole courses, the WGT only has the specific locations mapped. It would need to map the entire course for it to be available for stroke and match play (which it has not).

• BirdieButton
    164 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 8:36 PM

right,   because you get access to world class golf courses to  "map them"    but you only  do very specific spots. (ie.  go halfassed)  I'm no believer on that one.

Same who believe this most likely believe no such tech/graphics of todays video games existed  when the first nintendo came out.

• prousy
    12 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 8:33 AM

G'day daryl. Send an email to the WGT team and they will be able to tell you why mate.

Hi everyone. I just got 'promoted' to master level and was wondering if anyone wanted to play a round. I have always played individually here, but i wish to change that.

Cheers

Prousy

• daryl772003
    8 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:13 PM
    how would i send an email to the wgt team. i would be happy to play a round with you just as long as while we're playing you give me tips on how to improve my game.
  • PAGES
RSS